• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just completed my first 5900x built....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This Thread just got bumped to a 5900X upgrade. My temperatures are practically the same or even a few degrees lower. I don't know if it's the CPU or my heat sink mount this time around. Cinebench scores once again are on par with average results.

When I moved to AM4 one of the first programs I installed outside of my usual suspects was Ryzen Master. I strongly dislike it. Bios clocking is where its at. Right in the back of the bios you will find the AMD overclocking section. It has all of your limits and such, as well as Curve Optimizer. I would play with those and ditch that piece of software :)

Yeah I don't do changes in Ryzen Master. I have bios AMD Overclock as a negative 25 offset right now, trying to learn more settings to tweak, so haven't gone to do more. Also using this custom power plan I found called Ryzen Ultimate Performance v5, I honestly don't know if that is better than Balanced Power Plan.

Last edited:
I tried using that Ryzen Master software and it was nothing but a headache. I could never get it to work. Once I found out the Curve and PBO method, it was a breeze. My 5800X turbos to max 5050 and temps don't exceed 60c under heavy gaming. Now all I need is a new graphics card :LOL:

Oh I hear you on the new graphics card, I got my 3060 straight from Zotac for $599 while the TI was outta stock. Month later I got the email saying 3060 Ti was in stock, dammit. I don't do gaming, but do video editing and the Ti would have been better. Guess I am waiting for a 4000 series to change. I can do mid 60s on Cinebench, but 80s on the likes of RealBench and\or Prime95.

After some months, I came back to playing with my overclock. I went back and used this youtuber's PBO set limits and curve optimizer. Cinebench r23 single core +/- 4.9ghz and multi-core +/- 4.5ghz. My temps aren't the best 82°C MAX, yet I am running my case fans no more than 1200 RPM for a silent build.

Cinebench Scores
Multi 22316
Single 1622

Last edited:
Try 235 PPT 160 TDC 190 EDC (y)

Actually, not sure if your board can do that.. maybe try 215 PPT 140 TDC 180 EDC.. might have to play with PPT a bit.. 200-210ish. And then your curve..

That should get you to 23K, probably a bit more.

Okay will try that...Currently have 165 PPT, 115 TDC, and 150 EDC with a negative curve of 20.

Tried as you suggested as well, but didn't like my temps hitting mid 80°C'.

Went back to simple -25 Curve Optimizer without messing with PBO limits.

Cinebench
Multi @ +/- 4.4ghz - 22144 with 68°C Max
Single @ +/- 4.9ghz - 1619 with 64°C Max

Back