• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Temperatures SUCK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since your setup was the same except thermal compound and coolant mixture and you cannot achieve the same results then it's most likely due to the mount or a bad mixture (which probably isn't the culprit?). Lapping might help but I don't think the base is the problem. Did you use the same springs also? Since nothing changed and it worked before than it should work again is what I'm saying.

My previous temperatures were still kind of crappy. I'm thinking that it is VERY possible that there is not enough TIM. Yes, not enough.

I guess I didn't put enough AS5 on :( So in combination with a bad mount my temps were like 50+ load. I'm in business now. This is about 7-9 degrees lower than it has ever been ... 36 degrees (prime 95 load) with 23.5 ambient. I'm ecstatic! I might be able to get my overclock to 2.5 gigahertz now!

The temps above were with 12x200 on my 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C 0310. I'm reading the temp off the diode in the CPU. Mobo reports 1 degree cooler. My probe, it turns out, had its wires pinched a little too hard. So... it works fine now, but I'm proably going to use it to get a rough estimate of my water temperatures instead.

no, the springs are only like 5-8lbs a peice, total of 20-32lbs(dont suggest putting 32lbs on there)
good to hear you got it mounted good:).

Jon

Back