• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My very own case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raniz

Registered
Last edited:
excellent craftmanship there raniz, i really enjoy that case. Im assuming you don't have too good of airflow in their tho.. but still magnificent work!

damn you beat me to it. I have been working on a wooden case for the last week, and you definately have me beat in terms of craftsmanship. But as far as originality goes, everyone will have to wait and see....

Hey you know the Director of my company asked if there was any company that made wooden cases..they wanted a PC in the board room that would not be noticed.... Maybe your freinds dad should start selling these as Excutive Cases!!!

FarEast said:
Hey you know the Director of my company asked if there was any company that made wooden cases..they wanted a PC in the board room that would not be noticed.... Maybe your freinds dad should start selling these as Excutive Cases!!!

You mean something like this?

wow i should take wood shop at school just to do that for my final prject to use the tools at school

very nice work

Dancing_Priest said:
That be a fine case you got there . I especialy like the drive faceplates , how did you go about making them?

The faceplates were almost the easiest part of the case, its just a rectangular woodplate. The faceplate for my slot-in DVD were a bit harder to do, but it's just the same design as the others except for the hole made by a sticksaw (is it called that?) and the round hole for the button. I've glued them to the drives with a "gluegun".

The airflow isn't very good right now, but I'm going to install a 120mm fan in the back, already got a hole for it as you see.

Glad you guys like my case :)

Last edited:
Never thought of making a wood case. Looks cooler than my stupid polycarbonate ones. Stupid non-stainable lexan. That looks tight dude. I love the finish.

I think you should put an etched piece of glass in there as a window and a doilly with a lamp on top. make sure to put a coaster on there, wouldnt want any cup rings.

get some pics of your friends case up here too.

The case took approx 6 months to build, if we could easily have done it in a month, if we worked 7 days a week :)

I'm not going to put any window(s) into it, I think it would spoil the wooden design! I'm also a bit unhappy with the door-handle, but I'll have to live with that :)

I'm sorry I haven't any pics of my friends case after it was finished... I'll have to talk to him about that :)

if you put a few chimney fans on top and that one on the back it should get pretty good airlflow, my computer has 3 chimney fans i put in and just general case temp is pretty good...

Last edited:
Back