• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My video game love/hate list...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
good list, pretty much agree with all of your "Love's". However I enjoyed about 33% of your "hates" lol.

Good "games to try" list, though I'd wait on FC2 until its in the $10-20 range (if that)...just my opinion ;)

Yeah, i figured a lot of people would have mixed opinions on my hate list, but like i said, i'm strangely picky about my games, and hey, if i don't enjoy it, i don't enjoy it.:)

To be honest, I didn't really even plan on beating FC2, I just want to hop in it for a couple hours and check out some eye candy. The premise doesn't interest me nor does the gameplay style. I might even just borrow it from a friend for a day or so.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with the " 6 " you gave Diablo 2. the game is brilliant. Good story, Lots to do, MASSIVE loot system that will keep you playing for YEARS. I only enjoyed the hacks for the thrill of seeing how strong i could get. But the real fun is playing multiplayer, doing boss runs to collect good equipment.

I don't agree with World of Warcraft. Just not enough for me to do.

100% disagree with your evaluation of Eve-online. i LOVE the game. there is just SOOOO much to do in that game! The game is PERFECT for a person who has ADD ( attention deficit disorder ). the Economy is MASSIVE. the PVP is unforgiving ( aka: the penalty for dying can be as little as a million ISK ( ISK = in game money ),or up to 6+ months of play time wasted, if you didn't update your clone ). NOT a care-bear game AT ALL. hence why love it. My favorite MMO of all time currently. ( yeah, PVP is a little slow. But i'm not a huge PVP fan. I'm a fan of the economics ).

I agree with the annoying "over the shoulder" view in Gears of War. It just screws with my head. Plus, i'm not a big fan of the controls. Maybe i'll give the game a chance in the future, but with a couple games just coming out, i won't have the time for GOW for a little while.

I agree with those who said to try Knights of the Old republic. Those games are BRILLIANT! But honestly, i prefer KoTOR 1. It had a better story. But KoTOR 2 was really fun too.

Also, Mass Effect was quite fun as well. I like the FPS elements mixed with the RPG elements as well. Very fun game. The story isn't nearly as good a KoTOR 1, but still a damn good game.

can't think of what else to recommend that hasn't been mentioned yet. try the games already mentioned, because so far, they have been some pretty good recommendations!

I have to admit, i didn't give the single-player a very big chance in D2, but i do remember playing for hours online, but on the illegitimate servers or whatever, where hacking was allowed. So, that 6 might be unfair... hell even my sister loves that game, she played it so much she ruined her play disc lol.

As far as Eve goes, I have a very low BS threshold when it comes to games, and that game was not very user friendly at all, i gave it about 2 hours, and I'll admit, it was pretty, but it was also really hard, and even more complicated that it is hard, so I ditched. Again call me a pansy if you will, but i game to have fun, I wasn't having fun with EVE.

Ive never tried any Knights of The Old Republic Games, they are probably dirt cheap now. Mabye I'll give one a shot when i get a chance.

FPS'es started on PC and later on transitioned to consoles. I'm guessing you've never played extensively with a keyboard + mouse.

That's not what I meant. I only play FPS games on PC. However, these days a lot of FPS games are built primarily for console use (Halos, FC2, Tom Clancy games, etc.) and the PC version often becomes an afterthought. They get ported over and never quite feel natural.

That's not what I meant. I only play FPS games on PC. However, these days a lot of FPS games are built primarily for console use (Halos, FC2, Tom Clancy games, etc.) and the PC version often becomes an afterthought. They get ported over and never quite feel natural.

Probably because it is easier to develop and market for consoles.

Pretty much every game is built for consoles, yes. I don't really notice the effect of that on FPS controls though, and have been playing FPS since Wolvenstein/Doom. As long as the movement speed isn't slow and I have a mouse to aim with, it seems the same to me.

Well, i just finished fable 2 today, It was awsome, i played it as an evil dude this time around, had so much fun that i plan on playing through as a good chick mabye in the near future. highly reccommended.

I gave Fallout 3 about an hour today, even though i don't have my good graphics card back, it was a little jumpy on the 4650, but playable.

I don't think i gave it enough time to move it into a category on the list, but I can say that so far, i am intrigued. It has a cool style and pretty good graphics, and a cool story it looks like.

My problem so far is the general interface and weapon switching and what not, i feel like they should have given it FPS-like controls (Crysis comes to mind) instead of the inventory-based RPG style. I think they should have made the entire game just like an FPS, but then left the story elements of the RPG. It seems like they couldn't decide which direction to go.

Also, and again, call me a pansy, but i want to know where I'm going pretty much all the time. I like the arrow on the compass, and it got me to the town of megaton fine, but then all it said was ask around to find your dad, and no arrow over someones head, no anything. Whats wrong with identifying the characters that are vital to the main storyline? Or a minimap mabye? I understand that they spent a lot of time on the game, and want you to explore a little, and check out their creation, but make it optional, make it possible to cruise right through the storyline if you want too... I've only got about 10 hours a week for game usually, i want to make good use of my time.

So i was wandering aimlessly around talking to everyone, found the big bomb, then found out that i didn't have enough explosives skill to disarm it. Pretty soon I got bored, murdered the doctor and all of his patients,and the got my *** capped my a bunch of post-apocalyptic bad asses with hand cannons. That's when i called it quits, and headed out for some wings and beer.

Last edited:
Back