• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My votages have gone crazy ( pics imside )..do i need a new psu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipesto93

i went out and left boinc-seti running...so my cpu as at 100% load
wen u got back an hour later
i saw this!
Untitled-1.jpg

there is like 7v on teh 10 v rail

when i cheked the bios i had 10v on the 12v rail

whats going on?

http://www.oryxx.co.uk/psu-s/650w-oryxx-ox650sd-extreme-psu/
that is my psu

i got it from ebay for liek 18.00 :(

will it ruin my components?
( in sig)

Have you got a multimeter so that you could measure the +12V voltages direct from a molex connector? If the voltages did drop that low I think the PC would possibly switch off.

What do you expect with a psu that costs as much as a couple of good meals? I found the output stats for that "650W"

650W Max output

+5V = 36A, +3.3V = 34A, +12V = 22A,

-5V =0.3A, -12V = 0.6A, +5VSB = 3.0A

Damn, I have a 5 year old Seasonic tornado 400W that gives 22A on the 12v

The PSU is junk, but there is no 10v rail, and the 12v would'nt be 7v, if it was you wouldn't boot.

I don't get why someone would go through the trouble to get a DS3 and a Q6600 and then pair it with a PSU that should be realistically rated at half of its claimed output. If you really have such a fetish for ATX 1.2 spec PSUs (-5v is a dead giveaway), you can buy the old Powerstream 520W for 70 bucks.

What do you expect with a psu that costs as much as a couple of good meals? I found the output stats for that "650W"

650W Max output

+5V = 36A, +3.3V = 34A, +12V = 22A,

-5V =0.3A, -12V = 0.6A, +5VSB = 3.0A

Damn, I have a 5 year old Seasonic tornado 400W that gives 22A on the 12v

Wow, my old Antec 550W had more power than that. Anyway, I'd recommend a new power supply. I have a Corsair 650W and it is really really good, 52A on the 12V rail :drool: A lot of people would recommend Corsair PSU's.

yeah i knoow th oryxx is crap...but i got it agesss ago...thinking it was good :( /.....then like a year later u realise the brand matters

oh and will it ruin any components

Back