• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Watercooling/Case Mod Project (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To really make that table kick ***, chop the ends off those cables, and wire them to jack and install a jack every 4 feet or so, then all anyone has to do is go from their nic to the jack with a short section of cable. Thats how I did my computer room and it looks nice. Alot better than cables coming up from a hole.

I really like the LAN tables, i wish i had the time and space to make something like that, i would definately host some LANs! The case is lookin sweet so far! keep up the good work!

and since no one offered any ideas for the trim on the window... get some car door trim from the autoparts store. It'll help hide any waviness in your window.

I'm done with the cutting holes and everything. I have the watercooling setup together. The case is a mess of wires right now, dont really want to post a pic of it yet. Once I get the wires cleaned up and the rest of the air bled out of the system, I will post pics of the final product, without the side panels or top. That will be done in a few weeks.

Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback. I sanded that with an air powered sander. Not sure what kind it is... its my dads. I would use your idea with having air be pulled through the radiator into the case, but I already have that part painted, and components installed. I have the idea that pulling through the radiator is better, but I dont think it would make a huge difference in temps.

Thanks for the suggestion for window trim... I have been waiting for that. I'll look into it.

I had the system up and running for a little bit, but there is a problem with the motherboard. I am getting it worked out, I have a few things I am gonna try to resolve it. I think it is either a setting in the CMOS or the battery. For some reason I have to reset the CMOS every time I restart the machine. I did get a chance to look at temps in the BIOS though. I am not completely sure what they are, and I only remember Fahrenheit. I think the motherboard was like 70 degrees, and the CPU was like 72. I wasnt doing anything to heat it up, but I think those are pretty good. And the loudest thing in there is an older quantum hard drvie.

Its been a while... hehe

I have had my system done for a long time, I just never really got to post the finished pics of it. What basically brought me back is my pump seems to be dying... but I think I'll stick around some more, if you guys want me :)

Anyways, here is some pics of the 'mostly finished' product.

This was taken from a camera phone, so the glowy pics didnt turn out very good. If you guys want to see a better picture, lemme know and I'll find a better digital camera.

Attachments

• Tubes Glowing.jpg
    Tubes Glowing.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 203
Looks great! Did you say you were going to mount that pump on something? It will rattle a bit if you don't...

heh, im glad it was you who resurrected this, not some noob who's asking a dumb question about something old...
looks good

pwnt by pat said:
That is a nasty kink on the top cpu barb.

Looks like it does it.

Yeah dude, you might want to add a bit more tubing between those two barbs.

Nice setup btw, love the LAN tables :D

To headala: no, I have this foam around the edges. It really doesnt rattle much... I'll probably mount my new pump to something, if I can find the room.

To Aphex_Tom_9: hehe, actually I am kinda noobish to this. My friend just taught me how to build a watercooling system a little while ago. This is my first try. There was an older thread on this forum that inspired me.

To pwnt by pat: Yes, this has always bothered me. I need to make an order from directron, so Im gonna buy some more of this tubing (hope they still have it :/). Once I get my replacement pump, a waterblock for the GPU, and new tubing Im gonna reroute the setup. Also do the necessary cleaning. This system has been running for almost a year with only the case and rads being blown out with an air compressor.

*edit* Oh, by the way, thanks for all the positive feedback.

another inpiring case mod/wc setup. how are your temps? have you been able to up your overclock?

nice work there

if i get the money i wanna put a 3x 12cm fan rad in my xaeser 3 :) :)

and finally cool the damn nf4 chipset <_< (aswell as cpu and gfx ;))

Nice lan tables btw, i woulda put sockets in the table (For the network plugs) woulda made it nice :)

and also u could put like plexiglass ontop to protect it, and then prolly paint it black and it wud look awsome (maybe add leds into the edge of the plexiglass :p)

As for the LAN tables...
This thread was origionally made close to a year ago. That little barn/shed whatever you wanna call it isnt being used for LAN parties anymore. I got hired to a local computer retail store (well, partly retail, most of what we focus on is business consulting), and we host our LAN parties there. There is an upstairs in the store, and we built it MUCH better than that shed. If you guys are interested I can post some pics of that room, which is much nicer and bigger. We are capable of holding 24 people at the same time. Also now we are open to the publc. How does these prices sound? $10 to get in from 2:00 to 12:00, and for $15 you also get as much pizza as you can eat. Well, so far business has been kinda slow for the LAN parties, but I think it'll pick up during the winter.

As for my temps and how much I can overclock... I dont know the exact temps because I am not at that computer right now. My asus probe is usually telling me about 40C+. Thats with my voltage at 1.7 and the FSB put up to 255MHz. With that RAM I am able to get a 1:1 ratio on the frequency and HTT, but I noticed when I install anything I'll get errors. I'll probably have to put some kind of divider on it :(.

This thread is a perfect example of why you should invest money in a good digital camera, read the entire manual, and take a few beginners photography classes.

Back