• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Watercooling/Case Mod Project (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry bud... In about 1 to 2 years, Im probably going to design a new system. Im starting to save right now, after I buy my replacement pump and a GPU block.

This was my first project, and now I know what to do and what not to do. To tell the truth, this project wasnt planned very well, and had a bunch of bumps to it. It was very unorganized.

Next time, I will have my own camera, and I'll be more organized and take better pictures :)

Legion2005 said:
As for the LAN tables...
This thread was origionally made close to a year ago. That little barn/shed whatever you wanna call it isnt being used for LAN parties anymore. I got hired to a local computer retail store (well, partly retail, most of what we focus on is business consulting), and we host our LAN parties there. There is an upstairs in the store, and we built it MUCH better than that shed. If you guys are interested I can post some pics of that room, which is much nicer and bigger. We are capable of holding 24 people at the same time. Also now we are open to the publc. How does these prices sound? $10 to get in from 2:00 to 12:00, and for $15 you also get as much pizza as you can eat. Well, so far business has been kinda slow for the LAN parties, but I think it'll pick up during the winter.

As for my temps and how much I can overclock... I dont know the exact temps because I am not at that computer right now. My asus probe is usually telling me about 40C+. Thats with my voltage at 1.7 and the FSB put up to 255MHz. With that RAM I am able to get a 1:1 ratio on the frequency and HTT, but I noticed when I install anything I'll get errors. I'll probably have to put some kind of divider on it :(.
cool

put up some pics, im interested atleast :)

Legion2005 said:
I'll probably have to put some kind of divider on it :(.

Don't worry, dividers on Athlon 64's do not hurt performance, that was only back on the old Athlon XP chips :D

I get better performance with a divider than without because I can clock higher :)

Back on topic now ;)

Alright... I bought this OCZ RAM to overclock... but yeah, I think I'll tone the RAM down a bit. Still cant really complain, I should have some sort of air movement across the RAM. It is too hot to lay a finger on for more than 5 or 10 seconds.

Is there a simple explanation on why it doesnt effect the 64's?

Legion2005 said:
Alright... I bought this OCZ RAM to overclock... but yeah, I think I'll tone the RAM down a bit. Still cant really complain, I should have some sort of air movement across the RAM. It is too hot to lay a finger on for more than 5 or 10 seconds.

they arent as reliant on the memory as b4 (i think) probably due to being directly connected to it instead of throught the NB

if its really that hot u need to get some cooling on it

Legion2005 said:

Dividers don't affect A64's because the memory controller is on-die now. Before the CPU used to communicate with the memory via the Northbridge, now that's been eliminated and the memory controller is actually on the chip now. That eliminates the the data travelling through a narrow and distant northbridge to a wider and faster on-die memory controller. This allows for large bandwidth increases (50%) and nulls the effects of running high timings on the RAM. That is why memory timings and dividers to not hinder performance anymore.

Hope that's simple enough ;)

pwnt by pat said:
kink. The tubing is bent almost flat. It's a lot wider at the kink.
oo yeh

i was looking at the other tube :p

he needs to sort that out ...

could make a few degrees difference that

winston856... I understand that completely, thanks for informing me

Once I get my new pump, the etched sticker for the window, and the kink fixed, I'll get a good digital camera and post some 'quality' pictures of the system in and out. Sound fair? :)

Legion2005 said:
winston856... I understand that completely, thanks for informing me

Once I get my new pump, the etched sticker for the window, and the kink fixed, I'll get a good digital camera and post some 'quality' pictures of the system in and out. Sound fair? :)
but i want them now :bang head :bang head :p :p

Back