• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MyDefrag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tiff2342

Registered
How safe is it compared to other products? Does it do a good job? Does it causes disk problems? It seems like it has been causing some systems to crash as of late with blue screens and such.

I've used it since it user ti be called JkDefrag. Never caused any issues on my end.

i haven't run the comparisons in a long time and need to re-run them in a more controlled manner or do them again looking at the data in another way. but as for JKDefrag? It works great if you want to move all your data to the outside (fastest part) of the platter. Really helps speed things up.

most defrag programs just put the data all together so the heads don't have to skip all over the platter looking for chunks of data - thus speeding up access and load times.

A couple of the defrag programs I know of (Including MyDefrag) let you move certain data to the outside of the platter for the fastest read speeds, like swap file, boot files, and most frequently accessed files.

Back