• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mystery temperature - help needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rgx521

Hey guys,

I have the following temperature situation on my overclocked (3,8ghz at 1.4875V) Phenom 2 955:

11193608ey.jpg

As you can see, my temperatures are quite decent except for that one "Temp 3" readout which constantly stays at 78-80°. Does anyone have an idea what temperature that may be? I'm thinking sensor error but obviously I'm still a bit scared by that readout.

Thanks!

If it never changes, it's a mobo sensor. Speedfan is so out of date, each mobo maker codes the output of a sensor different, maybe bad sensor, more likely Speedfan isn't reading it right.

Well,

unfortunately it does change. As I said, it hovers around between 78 and 80 degrees Celsius. I still have no idea what could be suffering from these kinds of temperatures, though. Something on my mainboard perhaps? I didn't overvolt that northbridge, though.

Speedfan has been giving an erroneous reading for Temp3 for years, anywhere from a negative value to the most common of 127C.

Back