• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NASCAR 2002 server...racing this Fri. Night?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kingslayer said:
So what do we want to do? Saturday night (tonight) or next week?

Next week would be good. Would give the others who don't have the game some time to run on ebay and pick up a copy for ~$10.

Vengance_01 said:
hey guys, let me know when you plan to race. My old thrustmaster wheel went bye bye after 7years. So I needed an excuse to get a new one. and we are using 02 right:) Let me know and I will keep looking at this thread for updates:D

I need a bit of help getting the files configured correctly so we can all log on.... That was the problem we ran into. Can't for the life of me figure out where I am missing stuff in the files, but obviously, I'm missing something quite important.

Yes....NASCAR Racing 2002 (Sierra/Papyrus).

If you know of any sites that has server setup guide(s) posted, I could sure use a link....I can find CAR setups everywhere...but help configuring the dang server right is what I need help with.

TIA!

B.

There's the server.txt in the Nascar Racing 2002 Season folder. It has some good info on how to setup the server. If you are behind the router, you will have to forward the ports though. The defualt UDP ports are 32766, 32766 (ping), then 32766 - 32776 (since 10 of use are racing).

Well you asked if it was for nascar racing 4, which is kinda wierd since the title of this thread clearly says Nascar 2002. Anyway since you asked about it, I thought you ran it. N4 = Nascar racing 4. Quite a few people race on 56k, it all depends on your ping. As long as you stay in the 250s you are ok.

I think it was the ports that stopped us last time. I remember seeing the port range needed for a server when I was looking for the port range of the client.

And it didn't once hit me that that was probably what was holding us up.

I think 32800 was the only port that B opened, which would explain why he could join and nobody else could.

Kingslayer said:
I think it was the ports that stopped us last time. I remember seeing the port range needed for a server when I was looking for the port range of the client.

And it didn't once hit me that that was probably what was holding us up.

I think 32800 was the only port that B opened, which would explain why he could join and nobody else could.

There might be some truth to that...that IS the only one I did open in the router, so....

I'm going to look into the .txt file, and see what I can figure out. Hopefully this gets ironed out fairly easily, and we can go racing.

B.

I'm still wondering if Daytona is the track we want to race?

Yeah it's easy, it's just pedal to the floor, turn left, can't screw it up, but what if someone wrecks. They have no chance of catching up or being competitive for the rest of that race. They'll never get back on the draft. That doesn't sound like much fun.

I honestly think we should do Sonoma or Watkins Glen. I think that would be a more "even" track. Everyone is going to wreck. That's a gimme. You have ample time to catch up, because your usually faster by yourself than you are with other people. If you're by yourself at Daytona your screwed.

Or we can do a mile or 1.5 mile track. The short tracks are too short, if you wreck, by the time you get back up to speed your lapped.

But I really think the road courses would even everyone up. I just don't want to see someone spun on the first lap at Daytona, then spend the rest of the night 5 MPH slower than everyone else because they can't get in the draft.

People are running out to buy this game to play with us, we should make it enjoyable for them.

Ok what is going to be the time...if my game shows up...tomarrow night? Saturdays work soooo much better for me because I work Late almost every friday night except tomarrow night I get done at 9:30 central.

Kings, good idea. BUT if people are just now getting the game they will have a VERY hard time driving RC even harder since it will be in SIM. We should stay at SS and maybe add yellows, so incase someone does wreck, they can catch back up with the field.

I have been racing with my 2003 and am getting better at it. I do admit I aint the best in traffic but since I expect to be out in front I don't see that to be a problem....;);)

I agree Nitro. I think your solution is better. Throw in caution flags.

I'm not the greatest in traffic either. You DO NOT want me behind you as I will more than likely take out both of us trying to get by you.

Although I have been digging through some of my old Nascar tapes and watching Cale Yarborough and how he used the slingshot to pass people as he was unquestionably the best at doing it. It works in the game an really suprises me that the physics of this game are that close to the real thing.

I also have a skin I need to get to everyone.

We just need to hear from B and see if this is going to happen.

didnt get my game today so im out for this week.....Would be nice if the race could be setup for Sat then for sure I could be there most weeks.

Back