• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a better cooler for my Phenom II 955BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aquaman78

As of now, I am cooling my Phenom 955BE with an old Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64. My CPU has been O/C'd from 3200 to 3800 on a voltage of 1.42v. My temps at idle are 35-38c and load temps have been hitting 57-59c (dependong on ambient temp). I'm a little concerned about the temps getting close to 60 and I feel I could squeeze a little more out of this chip if I had better cooling.
So, with that said, could I get some suggestions on a budget friendly cooler? By 'by budget friendly' I'm talking in the 30-40 dollar range, but may go up to 50 dollars if need be.

Within your budget I would suggest the Thermalright True Spirit 120 for $29.95 plus shipping or the Thermalright HR-02 Macho for $39.95 plus shipping. Either of those should do a great job of cooling your processor. Another couple of choices would be the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus for $25.64 & free shipping or the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for $34.90 & free shipping. IMO, the Thermalright offerings are better performers than the 212 Plus, but I can't say how the Evo compares to them since I haven't tested it. But any of these 4 are way better than what you are using.

Back