• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a link to start in it's own folder.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JJ White

Registered
Hi,

I have my Gta SA game on a usb stick and I wanted to make a link to it in the same folder so I could run it in windowed mode using this code: "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe" -small_screen -windowed in the link, however when I plug the stick in a different pc it's drive letter changes, can I somehow set the link starting point, default is "F:\Niet School\GTA San Andreas"?

The only way i can think to make this work is make a Autorun

1.) An autorun.inf:
[autorun]
open=AutoRun.bat
icon=icon.ico
label=My_USB

2.) AutoRun.bat:
copy driveletters.txt c:\driveletters.txt
echo
diskpart /s c:\driveletters.txt

3.) driveletters.txt:
select volume (This Volume)
assign letter Z

FYI The Autorun capabilities are restricted to CD-ROM drives and fixed disk drives. If you need to make a USB storage device perform Autorun, the device must not be marked as a removable media device and the device must contain an Autorun.inf file and a startup application." This is a lot of work to just play a game lol why not just use it on one computer

The removable media device flag is set by the USB stick manufacturer. It used to be possible to doctor a USB

Back