• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need A New GPU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blingo

*I posted in the wrong section before please delete the one in AMD Motherboards*

Ok guys I have a AMD Radeon 7970
Its not as beast as it use to be I want to play my games Max settings 1080 60fps
What is the best card to get . My budget is around 250-300 I really don't want to go over 300 but if its a little more I might consider.
Im usually Team AMD but ehh I guess I will give Nvidea a chance if its better in the price range.

Help me out! Thanks in advance

A gtx 1060 6GB is your best bet if you can find one for that price. I have one and it handles most if not all games on higher settings at 1080. A gtx 1070 would be ideal but way over that budget.

Unfortunately at the moment because of miners, buying a new gpu is an expensive endeavour and most things are way above what they should be.

Nvidia has gotten on retailers about gamers being shut out of upgrades, and asked retailers to limit purchases to two per customer. I read something about Microcenter and Nvidia in that vein, but don't remember specifics. If I find it I'll put it up.

edit: Found it https://www.techspot.com/news/72976-micro-center-reduces-price-graphics-cards-gamers.html
and another https://www.techpowerup.com/236943/microcenter-starts-limiting-gpu-orders-per-customer

Looks like Microcenter is a good place to look right now.

A gtx 1060 6GB is your best bet if you can find one for that price. I have one and it handles most if not all games on higher settings at 1080. A gtx 1070 would be ideal but way over that budget.

Unfortunately at the moment because of miners, buying a new gpu is an expensive endeavour and most things are way above what they should be.

That’s so crazy to me... when I was looking around everything seems extra pricey. You are also not the only person who told me that prices are just higher either , and the fact that they are asking people to limit purchases shows that’s it’s worse than I thought ..

That’s so crazy to me... when I was looking around everything seems extra pricey. You are also not the only person who told me that prices are just higher either , and the fact that they are asking people to limit purchases shows that’s it’s worse than I thought ..

Here's how bad it is...

I purchased an Asus Strix OC 1080Ti for $779.95 at Amazon last September. It's currently $1489.99 at Amazon

what about trying to find a second 7970 to go with your existing card?
I'm using a pair of R9 270x (essentially 7870's) and so far the only thing it has a hard time with is Wofenstein The New Colossus and only at about halfway through the game.

it could get you by unless your getting errors and artifacts with your current card.

Now I am going to say that mine are toast, as I am getting errors and artifacts but I have been pushing them hard since day one

Here's how bad it is...

I purchased an Asus Strix OC 1080Ti for $779.95 at Amazon last September. It's currently $1489.99 at Amazon

Thats so insane.. All because of this Mining business .. smh

- - - Updated - - -

what about trying to find a second 7970 to go with your existing card?
I'm using a pair of R9 270x (essentially 7870's) and so far the only thing it has a hard time with is Wofenstein The New Colossus and only at about halfway through the game.

it could get you by unless your getting errors and artifacts with your current card.

Now I am going to say that mine are toast, as I am getting errors and artifacts but I have been pushing them hard since day one

hmm sounds like a good idea but I don't know if I have enough space or if my Power Supply can power up two of them. They are huge

Yeah prices are moving upwards even for bottom end cards and them staying in stock is hard to nab them. The big issue is HUGE amounts of cards going to few people, but the RAM market is capped out in production so its hurting everything else badly.

Back