• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a plan, and advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Check out these monitors:

This one cuts 30 bucks off for the cost of .6 inches and and HDMI input instead of SPDIF. Honestly I would go for this one instead unless you really want that .6 inches.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009179

You could also try this one. From what I can tell these two are almost identical monitors, though this one is another 30 bucks cheaper.
link

Unfortunately that monitor is not being sold on Newegg for whatever reason but has a User review rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon.

Other than that I'd just say look for deals. Your list looks good, though I know next to nothing about tv tuners :shrug:

Of course any deals you find now could either be better or end before you actually buy any of these parts, so just keep looking every day to see how the prices fluctuate.

That looks cool, I'll change that. Man I wish I had the opportunity to get the money now, sucks, because before I can start pumping funds, I have to find a job, and it wont be easy because a lot are taken already.

I'm glad some of the other users chipped in. You were starting to annoy me a bit with lightning fast responses and more questions.

take some time to find a good dvd writer (last i heard/seen dvd's aren't forever (months for crappy ones). If you burn something important or you expect some reliability from it then you'd want a dvd burner that burns beautifully and does the error scanning to keep track of degrading media. no oems models for firmware features. I think hp doesn't make their own burners.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106335
says here it's the 1 time winner of the customer choice awards. might want to give it a try.

supposidly it's a rebadged Optiarc AD-7241S
I only crossed it out because a true lite-on might be a better fit, less hassles and already established name. optiarc is sony's drive. they don't look so bad not even the oem lite on's look bad but its a crap shoot to know if they are rebadged units unless you look them up.

Some brands that did errors scanning were lite-on, pioneer, sony, benq but they are not all equal and will give different results for the same disc. Some burners even burn very well but don't have pie or pif scanning functions (some LG's). I don't know which ones are good these days but I heavily saw all 4 I mentioned above except sony being used for dvd scan results over at cdfreaks.com

you want more than 2 gb, i'm guessing for ram so thats x2. thanks for organizing the lists.

btw the combo deal doesn't look that great since I didn't notice a psu until there(thermaltake is not very good in psu's), i'd suggest a corsair to be honest (you are looking at a single big card and hungry cpu) it seems like 650 watt corsair would be a safe bet. (with upgrading and switching motherboard factored in)
ask yourself if you are going to crossfire or sli because that might really mean a 750 watt model for reliability. it's funny i suggest this though since the hx1000 from corsair has thermaltake internals. it's from a 1500 watt thermaltake but modified and rated at 1000 w for efficiency reasons, that's the corsair difference.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16817153114

this is the dumbest review. DO NOT plug your psu cables in or out while it is plugged into the wall. infact the only way he could blow such a thing is if his computer was actually turned on, he might be bs ing because I don't know anyone that dumb. those 12v lines are not live until the psu gets a signal on.

Last edited:
Well if you want to go intel, then wait a few more days until the new CPUs come out. They might be worth buying

Back