• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice From The Experts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jshake

After many hours of testing , I was able to move up from 4.5Ghz to 4.7Ghz using various combinations of Mult./ FSB to get a stable 20 min. Prime 95 blend run.
At present , I have not done a 2 hour run of Prime95. Does anyone see , from my attached pic, anything that would indicate possible problems that would prevent using this as a 24/7 overclock.
Also , On a side note , I have been looking at the Swiftec H20-220 Ultima HD cooler as possible upgrade to my Corsair H100I. Cost verses Performance , is it worth the extra money to consider this as a upgrade.
Thanks
jshake

Attachments

• 4.7 Overclock 03-17-2013.JPG
    4.7 Overclock 03-17-2013.JPG
    400.7 KB · Views: 91
I would rather see this done with the fsb up around 235, you have what looks to me like 2133 ram and i think that it would give more favorable memory speed.
or you might just raise you ram speed in the bios.

Second attempt

This is the results after changing mult. to 20 and FSB to 235. I was able to move ram speed up 1880. The next setting up from there was 2192 , That exceed the rated 2133 of the ram. You do not think that voltages and temps at this overclock are to high. This was still stable on 20 min run of Prime 95 blend.
Thanks
jshake

Attachments

• Second.JPG
    Second.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Third.JPG
    Third.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 70
jshake your temps look fine, how did you come up with that Cpu V core? Is it on auto or did you set it there? I'm asking because I run mine 24/7 @ 4.7 and I'm only using 1.45 with Cpu LLc on Ultra high, which sends it to 1.46 ish under load. All chips are different but it seems a bit much.

I got that Vcore using 1.48 cpu volts and llc set to extreme. It took that to get stable and not drop cores while running prime 95. Anything below 1.54v and I would drop cores. I did not want to run 1.54v all the time, Only under full load.
I will move ram speed up to 2192 and see if I am still stable.
Thanks
jshake

Sorry about that,
Here are the three different tabs

Attachments

• fourth.JPG
    fourth.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 59
Tried to move cpu/nb and ht link up to 2500 from 2350. Instant fail would not boot into windows. Dropped back down to 2350 and all is well. I have tried to move cpu/nb and ht link beyond 2300 before with same result.
Thank
jshake

ht link is no real issue, nothing to really be gained there.
try setting your cpu/nb voltage to 1.3.

Thanks, That seemed to do the trick. I moved cpu/nb up 2580 and left ht link at 2350. I was able to boot into windows without a problem. I was able to Run Prime 95 blend for 20 mins. with no fails or dropped cores.
Attached is the last Prime 95 run.:thup:

Attachments

• Fifth.JPG
    Fifth.JPG
    389.5 KB · Views: 53
now bring the ht link up to match.
+1

I got that Vcore using 1.48 cpu volts and llc set to extreme. It took that to get stable and not drop cores while running prime 95. Anything below 1.54v and I would drop cores. I did not want to run 1.54v all the time, Only under full load.
I do not particularly like using Extreme on the Cpu llc, it overshoots the voltage by way too much for my liking. You may want to drop it down to Ultra High and then bump the Cpu V core up a bit and start testing. You may be able to run it at 4.7 under load at a lower V core then the LLc is is bringing it to. Most processors will be able to pass prime at X mhz if they are at lower temperatures with lower V core then they would at higher temps. I know mine does, I would bet that part of the reason I can get away with 1.46 under load is because my core temp under prime for two hours at 4.7 is only 43 and socket is 50 where yours is 52 and 64 respectively. Again I still feel the LLC at Extreme may be overshooting by too much. Just because it's going to 1.54 under load doesn't mean it needs that much to be stable.

Thanks Again

Thanks , Caddi for all your help. Was able to move ht link to 2580 with the increase to cpu/nb from1.25v to 1.30v. Made all the difference.
I guess all that is left now is to do a 2 hour run of Prime 95 blend and start benching. :clap:

I set the llc to ultra high and high with over current at 130%. Then started with a vcore of 1.48v under load it went to 1.50v. I dropped a core at 12 mins in a Prime 95 run. I then moved the vcore up to 1.49 and retested. I dropped a core at 16 mins. I then proceeded to continue the same proceedure until I was at a vcore of 1.52v , under load moved up to 1.54v. At that point , I did not drop any cores. I then went back and set llc to Extreme again and lowered the vcore back to 1.48v. Retested again , under load , moved up 1.54v and was still stable. The reason I am using Extreme setting is it allows me to keep the vcore at 1.48v during normal use and only move up 1.54v when it is under full load.
Thanks
jshake

Back