• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice From The Experts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what is your cpu vdda voltage?

your all over it mandrake i use about the same but i think they need about 2.4 stock.

Last edited:
I set the llc to ultra high and high with over current at 130%. Then started with a vcore of 1.48v under load it went to 1.50v. I dropped a core at 12 mins in a Prime 95 run. I then moved the vcore up to 1.49 and retested. I dropped a core at 16 mins. I then proceeded to continue the same proceedure until I was at a vcore of 1.52v , under load moved up to 1.54v. At that point , I did not drop any cores. I then went back and set llc to Extreme again and lowered the vcore back to 1.48v. Retested again , under load , moved up 1.54v and was still stable. The reason I am using Extreme setting is it allows me to keep the vcore at 1.48v during normal use and only move up 1.54v when it is under full load.
Thanks
jshake
Ok I'm just surprised you need that much Cpu V core for 4.7. You may try raising the CPU Vdda voltage. I usually run mine around 2.58, you may be able to get away with a little less Cpu V core by raising it. Note though we really do not know the long term effects of raising the Cpu Vdda voltage.

Swiftec H20-220 Ultima HD = How much is that thing costing now? It is rather an older kit but seems good.

In the long thread I started called does the FX-8350 flatline after 4.3Ghz, you can see that for me the "power-ponts" appeared on the even Ghz. 4.2, 4.4, 4.6 and 4.8 were the points of most bang for the buck cpu speed points. Generally that same thing held true for the same FX-8350 on the Asrock Fatal1ty 990FX Pro motherboard in the 'is it a contener?' thread.

The concept behind the idea of running P95 Blend mode for at least 2 hours or other very strenuous stability testing is to try and ensure that at the upper limits of what the system might see, the stability would be there. Then theoretically at lesser loading, there certainly should not be a stability isssue. Note I said theorectically since there are other stability problems that can appear but you have to begin somewhere to determine stability.

I will not say that 4.7Ghz is not a little more muscular than 4.4Ghz or 4.6Ghz but the temps and Vcore should be less and performance nearly the same as 4.7Ghz. I, just a couple of days ago, ran LinX for nearly 3 hours at 5.0Ghz just to see if my cpu was still up to snuff or had it lost a step. It seems to be as good as it ever was. BUT and this is pretty large, my everyday speed is now only 4.2Ghz. I had run 4.4Ghz but dropped it when I found no reduction in power to do my work. And I may even lower it to 4.0Ghz after I do further testing. THAT said, I do my video-edditing at 4.8Ghz which is the second saved bios profile on my CHV non-Z mobo.

In the interest of exploration, I have a pretty good air-cooler that I intend to test. Using such might mean I have to drop my cpu speed for Video-editting to 4.6Ghz. This has yet to be determined. What I am saying is these rigs do not have to or really need to be run at their Max speeds all day every day. Testing can find your own happy spot and where reduction in Vcore and thus heat, can far outweigh the expense of trying to run the big numbers all the time, day in and day out.

Such thinking is hardly ever voiced about except among friends, because everything talked about in this AMD CPU Forum section is about getting it overclocked. That overclock costs coins for sure when trying to get a big Mhz out of an AMD FX series cpu.
RGone...

Back