• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice On Barton 2500+!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
btw, winbond hardware doctor 3.1 which came with my mobo doesn't seem to save my setting properly. any idea why? it's really annoying it keeps telling me my v-core is too high although i've changed the high limit to 1.9v.

im really not sure about the voltage thingy, seems like u should be ablt to go higher with a unlocked multi. What speed is ur memory ? SOmetimes those software mobo utilties are wrong, when i use the nvidia system utility is tell me my voltage is wrong too, what u set it at is prob what its gonna do. U should be able to get that cpu to at least 2.2 solid either with fsb or multi, and voltage shouldnt have to go that high, mine is around 2.1 with stock voltage and its solid

2.1 with stock voltage huh? that's cool. wish i could achieve samish result but i don't think mine will go that high. at 2075 already screeeeaming. i'm using 2x crucial pc3200 cl3 but don't know maybe it's via kt600 which dosen't like high multi. yeah i think i'll just igonore whwm, but I'm really getting heat paranoia now and without it i can't check the cpu temp from windows. i have warpspeeder but that stupid duck thing:p always sets my fsb back to 166 so kind of annoyimg too!

i think on via chipset it doesnt lock the agp or pci speeds when u turn up the fsb, on nforce it does, by them not locking when u turn up the fsb it forces pci and agp to go faster and that causes problem like freezing and instability. With pc3200 u should be able to run 3200+(2.2) speeds all day long by running stock mulit and 200fsb, does ur motherboard support 400mhz bus? If it doesnt that might be why theres problems when u turn the bus pass 166. I know like 5 people with 2500bartons and they all keep multi the same and just run the fsb at 200 to get 3200+ speeds and they all mostly run stock voltage or maybe a little higher like 1.75. I stuck my finger into my volcano 11+ cpu fan on accident and cut my finger and broke the fanblade right off:mad: , now my fan doesnt spin right it vibrates the hole case and makes a terrible noise, im gonna try to superglue it back on...lol

i forget, our brand new 2500+'s are 3200+'s just remarked at 2500 speeds, i looked up the stepping on mine and it said it was a 3200 downgraded to 2500+, so they can go 2200mhz no prob, maybe even more

oh that sounds too bad:(is your finger ok? no you shouldn't superglue it(lol) instead use lock-tite;P yeah my m7vit grand supports 200 fsb so i've tried 200x11 but unfortunately it didn't boot to windows. it can boot to bios and windows in safemode however so maybe little more push in vcore will make it i'm not sure. but it's already like hawaii waikiki beach inside my case so i don't wanna push no more until i get proper water cooling kit after that i'm gonna rip it though. btw, is your barton retail or bulk? mine's bulk....but does this make any difference in overclockability do you think? no via doesn't support pci& agp lock so i'm going very conservative with fsb just 1 or 2mhz push.i once tried warpspeeder but that thing has pushed my agp like 75 and scared the **** out of me and i'm no more trusting that ducky.

yea sometimes u gotta raise voltage to get it to boot at 11x 200 , 1.75 should be fine, that cpu should hit 2200 no prob, thats what mine is at now and its sweet

yeah i hope so, but core voltage already maxed out as i'm running mine at 1.85v. remember? so i don't think i can push no more unless i mod my mobo.... but that's kind of beyond my ability and must be pretty difficult. maybe i'll get better psu like antec true power and that maybe help but not sure. my current psu is codegen 420w which came with my case but this one doesn't supply steady 12v which isn't good for overclocking i think.

u shouldnt need 1.85 volts thats alot, maybe for like 2.3 or above, its gotta be ur mobo, im having same problems, we got our computers on a crap foundation(biostar), im in the process of looking for a Abit or Asus. I keep trying to figure out why my computers not stable and i keep comin back to the mobo and other people think im wasting my time doin anything on a biostar, they just cant handle anything beyond stock speeds, mine on the other hand cant even handle stock speeds that well.

go for abit. i've used aopen, asus, soyo, abit and then this biostar but one i really liked was kt7a from abit which i'm still using. soyo gave me new mobo for free(not replacement) after i complained complained complained like thousand times every day:D and i really respect their support for their customer but for build quality i think abit is best. yeah, i've never ran my cpu this hot before and bit worried but i'm getting used to it. actually super jet noise coming from volcano 11 fan worries me more.i can now understand why you put your fingers to it. i don't mind my cpu burnt to death i just wanna shut this thing up:( anyway in short..biostar is a crap;p i'm thinking of getting replacement dfi mobo myself.
btw, what's your problem with your mobo? i thought yours was running fine at 11x200.

well its gettin even hotter here, and its not even summer yet, i was playing game and seen my temps were at around 74 and i said" time to slow down the computer", plus even when its not hot it still runs horrible no thanks to my motherboard. Its just not stable and when it get hot outside its really not stable, so im at a brickwall, ive got good heatsink and AS5, but whats the point of gettin a good heatsink if your just blowin around hot florida air, my friend just got watercooling and hes not doin to much better, the water just stayed real hot from the weather, and we cant run are air conditioning full blast cause were all broke!!:rolleyes: Well i just lowered my fsb to about 185 and and my voltage to stock and im just gonna site here and look at my steaming hot computer(that could be so much faster)

if you have access to your friends computer then maybe you should bring all your components over and try fitting everything on his mobo. it's maybe time consuming but you can then check if it's really your motherboard which is holding you back. otherwise you may ended up spending lots of money for something you shouldn't. you're in florida and i can understand you can't do much about temperature and i feel sorry for that but if i were in the same situation maybe i'll get 3200+ and forget about overclocking. because overclocking make cpus unreliable so you just have to feed them more power(or make it run cooler but that's not the option) but that generates more heat. 3200+ must be pretty hot there too but if you don't oc then if it dies you can always return it and get replacement! 3200+ maybe bit pricey but if you carry on buying things not knowing what the real problem is deffinitely more gamble. maybe getting mobile cpu is another option as they are running much cooler with less voltage. ofcourse if you are 100% sure buy replacement mobo...but if you are not, then it's maybe worth trying everthing before you do so. having said that i fully understand you just want to trash biostar. because i feel the same!

kakakakaka.jpg

Back