• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice on PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bopbop11208

here's my rig, BTW this rig runs 24/7.

I'm currently using a stock PSU 430, but sometimes when playing games I get hiccups, this must be from PSU

xp 3000 (still stock - OC in the future)
4 - WD 250GB HD
BFG 6800 GT (have to OC in the future for Ultra Specs)
5 - 80mm Fan
1 - 120mm Fan

I leaning toward the fortron 530 and OCZ but its kinda expenssive so maybe fortron, and I need a quiet as possible and reliable and for the long run, what do you think?

Out of curiosity why do you think it is your power supply? I have a BFG 6800 GT OC and until I did the stuttering fix it was driving me crazy. Even now the 66.81 drivers cause hitching problems in Farcry...

I thought my power supply was holding me back until I found out about the problems with the 6800. Don't get me wrong I love my card but the drivers need some work!

Oh and to answer your question. I think about 90% of the people here will tell you to just get a Forton 530 and call it a day :)

when playing diff. games like CC generals and starcraft, warcraft I do not have that problem of hiccups or sometimes minor blackouts on the screen, only when playing call of duty, doom3, farcry or any FPS I have this problem so I have my doubts about mu PSU

Back