• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need coolest running/best ventilated/compact case Please advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jetspeedz

Registered
Guys I'm building a new PC, my current case is Antec mid tower with my old P4 extreme setup. I want the best ventilated case with at least 1 USB port up front and the most compact case possible for this Air cooled ATX setup:

ASUS P6X58D
I7-975 extreme
DDR3 12GB
2 x Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 SAS
ATX 1000 Watt PS (not sure yet)
Video card no SLI with tv tuner (not sure yet)

1. Compact case and light
2. Good cooling Air cooled
3. USB port in the front. not top
4. PSU mounting at the top not bottom
5. 1 floppy bay for SD card reader combo
6. Reset/power buttons in the front

Don't care about fancy lights or cases, just one that works

thanks

Last edited:
Price is really not an issue i would just like a case that works well out the box and keeps the system cool.

Edit post button. Triple posting on a new thread is absolutely unnecessary.

Have you looked at the Antec 300?

not really an issue, i do have more of a problem with dust and cases that are wide open. any suggestion is appreciated

Edit post button. Triple posting on a new thread is absolutely unnecessary.

Have you looked at the Antec 300?

i apologize, not sure if i can go back and delete those posts following the first?

The issue with the Antec 300 is the PS being at the bottom, poor design if you ask me since heat raises to the top

i apologize, not sure if i can go back and delete those posts following the first?

The issue with the Antec 300 is the PS being at the bottom, poor design if you ask me since heat raises to the top

The PSU is the component where the heat:efficiency ratio is most important. The cooler the PSU is, the more efficient it is, and therefore the lower your power bill is. Feeding the air that's already been heated by your GPU and CPU into your PSU isn't going to help efficiency. Also, most decent PSUs really don't put out much heat. It's your CPU and GPU that produce the large amounts of waste heat.

The PSU is the component where the heat:efficiency ratio is most important. The cooler the PSU is, the more efficient it is, and therefore the lower your power bill is. Feeding the air that's already been heated by your GPU and CPU into your PSU isn't going to help efficiency. Also, most decent PSUs really don't put out much heat. It's your CPU and GPU that produce the large amounts of waste heat.

Agree to some extent however i prefer to have a lower CPU/memory temp then a slightly higher power bill. The PSU is still being decided on and i may go with a 850, what ever i go with it will be an efficient unit and reliable one.

Any suggestion on a Case?

Back