• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Cooling Help Liquid or Air under $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
alright... and im curious on which pump to get.. i've found a pump that gives out 320gph compared to the eheim 1048.. which gets a bout half.. and im looking for good prices on both of these products.. and also i need to find a good ATI fitting Maze4 gpu waterblock.. cuz i've found a the WhiteWater CPU block, the Black Ice II Pro radiator, and tubing i can get online or at home depot... so all i need now if im not mistaken is to find a good price on
Maze4
Pump
Fans
Accessories Needed to Water Cool?

Okay what's the name of the pump, and GPH isn't everything, what's the head rating, because if you have a pump that can do 320 GPH but has a 5 foot head, it really sucks. Look at the MCP655 or MCP350, those are both good pumps.

swimomatic said:
do i need a "Y" adapter for it? and if so.. wht is that.. i've heard it from many places that u need one?*
3/8" Tubing $15 *Home depot*

10' of tubing is like $5 at home depot (i just got some the other day).
Home depot has T fitting (like $2.50 got a plastic quick connect one that supports up to 170 PSI) but not Y so make sure if you need a Y fitting you get it when you get youe pumps and blocks and stuff.

If you go with the stuff you have listed dont forget that T fitting for a T-line to fill and bleed.

alright will i find it in a store like home depot or nething for cheaper? and also.. do u know a good place to get a Maze 4 or equivelant GPU block?

Heatercore: $20.00
Via Aqua 1300 Inline Pump: $15.00
Apogee: $39.00
Hydrx Coolant: $1.99
Distilled Water: $1.20

My friend't setup that I fixed for him. Works extremely well.

swimomatic said:
thx so much lol and im curious how many fans? 2 120's or wht? and yea.. i know im not gonna do this just on my own, i have a friend who's done 3 or more water cooling systems and i'm gonna have him guide me through it... and thx for all they help yet again!

Hope I helped some :D If you get that BIPII then you can skim by with 2 fans. Getting or making a duct so the fans are standing off of the rad by 2" or so would be better.

Arca_ex said:
Okay what's the name of the pump, and GPH isn't everything, what's the head rating, because if you have a pump that can do 320 GPH but has a 5 foot head, it really sucks. Look at the MCP655 or MCP350, those are both good pumps.

flow rating means nothing. The flow curve ontop of a load curve is what is important. But you rarely find that coming from companies. In the avg setup you are going to get around 1 GPM. You just want a pump that can get close to 1gpm with a certain load and its designed to take that much of a load for constant use. Actually in that respect flow rating does mean something. For our purposes you dont want a pump thats rated for very high flow. Impeller design is different than a high pressure pump. Will consume more power and give less flow with a very restrictive loop compared to high head pumps.

swimomatic said:

Guessing you arent in the states? :)

And for a GPU block:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=453819 $22.00 shipped
Yate loon 120s (very quiet):
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=435547 $9
radiator w/ shroud:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=457175 $30
tygon 3603 (best tubing you can get):
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=417839 $1 a foot

FS/FT forums are a great thing :)

ok.. all those links u sent me say i do not have proper autority or w/e to enter.. can u find a way to get me around this?

and Hung.. where did u find this stuff... links help lol o and i am in the states so yea idk if one of those companies wasnt but yea xD

swimomatic said:
ok.. all those links u sent me say i do not have proper autority or w/e to enter.. can u find a way to get me around this?

Those links are to the classifieds section you need to use an ISP, .edu or .gov email account and 100 (non-spam) posts to veiw that section of the forum.

and for everyone posting links to the classies.. three star's indicates 100 posts ;)

dangit.. i only have 50.. half way there.. is there another way to get around this?

swimomatic said:
dangit.. i only have 50.. half way there.. is there another way to get around this?

not here.. just look around the fourm and ask/answer questions that your intrested in :D

swimomatic said:
and Hung.. where did u find this stuff... links help lol o and i am in the states so yea idk if one of those companies wasnt but yea xD

Ebay is where you can find the heatercore and pump. We sell Hydrx at our site for $1.99, and the Apogee as well. My mistake, I thought I saw the Apogee at $35.99 once, guess the price has risen.

Ok well.. i've come to these parts..
Via Aqua 1300 Pump $20
Black Ice Xtreme/Pro II $30
Swiftech MCW55 GPU Block $35
WhiteWater CPU Block $30
Two 120mm Fans $15 19db each 41cfm
Tubing $10
Coolant and etc. $5

If anyone thinks i can get this radiator instead.. or if there is a cheaper/better performing gpu block.. inform me otherwise im stickin with this

Swiftech MCR120 Blue Quiet Power Radiator
http://www.svc.com/mcr120-b.html

Is my other choice.. but im not sure if a single fan fitting 120mm radiator will work for me and my athlon with overclocking.. if so inform me once again lol

Thanks for all the help and hope to hear back soon!

alright well i can get higher one's if needed.. i just liked those cuz of the 19db a piece

Back