• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need Ethereum wallet advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
So I've been mining Ethereum on Ethermine since Feb and mining directly to my Exodus Wallet. Everything had been great and I've been receiving payouts about every other week.

Since Ethermine just changed their payout policy I haven't received a payment (About 3 weeks). Reading the new policy states you need a 0xpolygon/Matic wallet or Metamask. I don't like the idea of the pool forcing me to use a specific wallet but it is what it is.

My question is should I create a new wallet and what wallet would you suggest? Can I transfer my existing coin to that new wallet? Since I'm mining using HIVE OS should I just switch to the hive pool?

I'm looking for my best options here.

TIA

The new policy doesn't require it, it just means that unless you hit the minimum prior you will get a payout once a month. I'm currently sticking with that (and mining to my ledger). As I honestly can't be bothered to jump through the hoops otherwise.

So if I hit 0.1ETH today (Saturday) should I get a payment today-tomorrow? Even if I'm mining to an exchange wallet like Exodus? Or would they wait until the 28th?

I'm not really in a hurry, I just want to make sure my coins are secured and don't get lost in the transaction.

I believe that is correct. It should all be in their FAQ, just that they said you can't send to an exchange from the other method because of the side chains that it could get lost in conversion.

Awesome. Thanks everyone. I'll just need to wait an extra week for payouts which means nothing to me as I'm in a HODL pattern anyhow.

Marking thread as solved.

Just removed the "solved" prefix. Clearly either there is some incorrect info here or something is screwy with Ethermine (potentially on my end).

It is now 10AM on Monday and I've been over .1Eth since Saturday night. Either payments over .1 are not being paid out daily or weekly(on Sun) to exchange wallets like my Exodus one. I guess I wait until the 28th and see if the monthly payment takes place? After that I think I'll either set up a Metamask wallet just to be safe or contact them, though I doubt I'll get a timely reply if any.

Screenshot_20210621-100436.png

did you verify that your threshold is set to .1 ETH?

I just double-checked with mine, I should be above .1 in a couple of days so I can report what happens and will be before the 28th in that case.

did you verify that your threshold is set to .1 ETH?

I just double-checked with mine, I should be above .1 in a couple of days so I can report what happens and will be before the 28th in that case.

I think you are on to something. Looks like my settings were reset to the default 1ETH (was 0.05ETH). Switched it to .1 so we'll see if I get a payout in the next 24 hours.

EDIT: BOOM! That's what it was. Switched my threshold to the minimum and received the payout within minutes. Thank you, everyone!

Back