• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need GPU seti help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I'm running Windows 7 Beta build 7000 with the latest Nvidia Win7 drivers. Boinc only sees one GPU while GPU-z and windows recognize the correct two cars installed. I did the typical folding trick of plugging in one monitor cables to each card but that didn't help. I told windows to display the desktop only one monitor. The second monitor activates the other input but nothing is displayed which is fine. Any driver settings that I'm missing?

Also, using Raistmer's V10a optimization build my computer is running 3 AK V8 instances with two Cuda instances, one seemingly running on a CPU. I'm getting 100% cpu usage on all 4 cores and only one Cuda card fulling full smash. The other is idle.

Try telling windows to attach the desktop of your second "monitor", then exit/reopen BOINC.
That was the only way I could get multiple GPU's to run. There are no special configuration settings that you have to mess with.

When you first launch BOINC, it should list your CUDA devices (all on the same line)...if you don't see both cards listed, they are not being detected.

Last edited:
Bah, Win7 has t3h L@m3.

I connect my monitor to the second GPU's DVI port and Boinc sees it. Once I disconnect it, it appears that Boinc finishes the WU on that GPU then doesn't see that GPU any more, and neither does Win7's resolution setting box. Looks like I need a DVI dummy as I my main rig is plugged into the DVI most of the time.

yes, you will need the dummy plug on the second GPU in order for windows to allow you to enable the ghost display so BOINC will see it.

Though one "trick" i noticed was IF you enable PhysX (no sli), then you can enable the second monitor with no dummy plug...not sure why that works, but I've been unable to do that under Vista and W7

Dummy plug works fine. Combined with the new Lunatics Opt. Installer, both my rigs are running full smash now, powering up the RAC chart. :)

Back