• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help choosing S939 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ram I linked to is TCCD memory. It should perform significantly better than the Corsair non TCCD memory you were considering. If it were my money I'd fall over myself to spend the extra $7 as would many others.

I second that. The tccd is better than that corsair. I believe it also uses brainpower pcb which is also superior. However, please be sure that you aren't going to want to upgrade to a gig of ram later as you won't want to go 4X256 in an A64 system. It runs 2X512 much better. Also, you may want to check prices at some other online sellers. Newegg is good, but there are other reputable sellers out there who may have a better price. Good luck.

i will have plenty of time before i go and order parts :) Also i heard from an aticle in the inquirer that memory prices are going to drop over the course of this year, is that really true?

Probably somewhat. It appears as though AMD is finally going with DDR2 next year so that will have an effect on both DDR1 & DDR2 prices.

TimoneX said:
Probably somewhat. It appears as though AMD is finally going with DDR2 next year so that will have an effect on both DDR1 & DDR2 prices.

Where did you here this? If this is so there is no point in spending a bunch of money on ddr 1.

It's fairly common knowledge that Orleans and Windsor will use DDR2, but socket M2 isn't scheduled for release until Q1 of '06. I don't have a big problem with buying DDR now, afterall it'll be in common usage for at least a couple years.

Back