• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help fast - fsb issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Homeless

Registered
If in my bios I have a list of possible fsb speeds and none of them will work for the processor I want to use, How do I change it to something other than the few speeds that are listed?

Its a biostar M7VIG Pro. It supports up to a 2600+, and I have a barton 2800+ I want to use, but I dont need to run it at 2800+ speeds. I just want to get a decent speed (2500, 2600, etc). Right now its just showing up as a 1500+. Am I going to have to buy a different motherboard just to use this processor, or can I use it at a slightly slower speed that the mainboard can support? If I can use it, HOW do I do it? All that happens when I use the speeds listed under frequency in the bios it just doesnt boot.

Thanks

I think your board does not support a setting of 166...You need to check.If it does not you need to raise the multiplier and that chip may be locked.

Ok, I changed the multiplier and set it to 133/33Mhz and its up to a 2200+ now. When I change it to 166/33Mhz it doesnt boot. Any Ideas?

Your trying to get a processor that with an FSB of 333 to run on a board that has a max of 266 you wont be able to set the fsb to 166.

Experiment within the constraints of your board increas the fsb from 133 in 5mhz increments and see how high it will go. When you get to the no boot stage back it off 1 mhz at a time till it boots ect. Once you got the fsb at its highest try changing the multiplier.

133/33Mhz seems to be as high as it will go. Is there anything I can do to the processor itself now that will push it a bit farther? Maybe unlocking it (I dont know anything about doing that)?

Back