• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help FAST!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ACTF_Heat said:
Well,I have 2 512mb sticks of Corsair XMS ram....will the a7n8x-x work well with that RAM,or should I get the deluxe version and return the a7n8x-x?

Edit*-its pc3200 ram

It should work the same on either Mobo. See the specifications page on the link I provided you in my earlier message. it has a listing of known compatible ram. (although others unlisted will probably work) Corsair PC3200 is in the list.

The only reasons you should be considering the Deluxe version for:

1: If you think you may go SATA in the future.
2: You want the Soundstorm Audio. (you can always disable both if you have no need for either right now but might in the future...and if a few extra $$$ wont kill you:))

Al

Last edited:
Alrighty...so, it seems as though both mobos performe the same,and the ONLY difference is the SATA and Soundstorm on the deluxe.I heard that the soundstorm is way better than my Audigy,but I see no sense in spending the extra money on top of what I spent for the Audigy Gamer.I use my comp for mainly gaming,and usually am wearinga headset(so the sound isnt the best anyway.I use a Plantronics A-90 headset).Thanks for all of your input guy!

sorry about that,lighter fell.lol
your memory will work in that board but not as dual channel.i have the a7n8x rev.2(non deluxe) but it does support dual channel and would double the bandwidth to 6.4 gig as opposed to 3.2.i bought mine in toronto and it was $50 less than the deluxe version but just slightly more than the -x you have.perhaps you could return your board and make the small upgrade.
just a thought

mattmolson said:
sorry about that,lighter fell.lol
your memory will work in that board but not as dual channel.i have the a7n8x rev.2(non deluxe) but it does support dual channel and would double the bandwidth to 6.4 gig as opposed to 3.2.i bought mine in toronto and it was $50 less than the deluxe version but just slightly more than the -x you have.perhaps you could return your board and make the small upgrade.
just a thought

Actually you can really expect a 2% to 5% increase.

http://www.firingsquad.com/print_article.asp?current_section=Hardware&fs_article_id=1156

Al

thanks for pointing that out maxi!
the difference really is minimal.i had checked asus site and that was the only difference between his board and mine.i'm as much a noob as anyone.just thought i would offer the option in case actf was unaware.

mattmolson said:
the difference really is minimal.i had checked asus site and that was the only difference between his board and mine.i'm as much a noob as anyone.just thought i would offer the option in case actf was unaware.

Actually, it was good that you pointed it out.

I tend to disregard the dual channel option as I tried it and did not consider it worthwhile, so I forgot all about it.;)

Al

For the most part DCDDR doesn't provide the kind of boost as seen on intel rigs... but 4~5% is a pretty big jump.

Most users won't be able to "feel" the bandwith boost, and for some, the DCDDR is a hinderance to OCing, as finicky memory requirements often becomes a bottleneck.

I've built several rigs based on the -x mobos, and I found them to be great budget boards with very good stabilty on mild overclocks.

Even single channel nForce2 outperforms the KT600. However, the dual channel memory makes a much bigger difference if using integrated video. Basically an Athlon can't effectively use the additional memory bandwidth (although it does decrease latency somewhat), but if there's something else that can use the excess bandwidth (e.g. integrated video, DMA process) then there is a corresponding performance gain.

Back