• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding a MoBo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

ok I am on the hunt to replace a motherboard that I know exists but I cant seem to find any more.

Technically its a mATX board but the size is in between that and iTX.
mATX with 2 expansion slots, usually pci 1x and 16x

this would be perfect if it were DDR3 link

size is the main restraint, 7.5 inches wide is the max I can do.
problem is I need DDR3 and on top of that I am looking for it to have atleast one 16x and one 1x pci express slot

as far as cpu's go I have an array that I could use. I have an i5 2400 (1155) and a i7 4790 (1151?) and a bunch of different AM3, AM3+ cpus

any one see such a beast recently?

ok I am on the hunt to replace a motherboard that I know exists but I cant seem to find any more.

Technically its a mATX board but the size is in between that and iTX.
mATX with 2 expansion slots, usually pci 1x and 16x

this would be perfect if it were DDR3 link

size is the main restraint, 7.5 inches wide is the max I can do.
problem is I need DDR3 and on top of that I am looking for it to have atleast one 16x and one 1x pci express slot

as far as cpu's go I have an array that I could use. I have an i5 2400 (1155) and a i7 4790 (1151?) and a bunch of different AM3, AM3+ cpus

any one see such a beast recently?

Someone just released a b250 board like that, but you need a coffee lake cpu.

B250 boards take Kaby Lake and Sky Lake with DDR4, not Coffee Lake. There were some early Asus H110 boards that worked with Sky Lake and DDR3 but not in that size.

But since you have an i7-4790, which is an LGA 1150 socket CPU, here's a BIOSTAR H81MHV3L LGA 1150 DDR3 board in that odd size with 1x PCIe x1 and 1x PCIe x16 slots that will work with your i7-4790 for $85.

oi intel and their sockets are hard to keep track of.
I think that might do the trick. I was considering getting a 1155 for the i5, I found one of those unbranded cheap Chinese one for under $50 shipped.

incase your wondering its going into a shuttle XPC, I have the tooling to drill and tap new stand offs and I upgraded the PSU to a 300 watt already.
With the 4790, a gtx 745 and 16 gigs of DDR3 I think it ought to be a decent living room/console room PC, 80 watts for the cpu and 55 watts for the gpu max I hope leaves enough overhead for the rest of it.

Back