• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding a new hard drive for my laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyl33t

Hi, I currently have a wdc wd1200bevs-75lat0 hard drive. I think that it is SATA, is there anyway to find out properly, i have check in device manager but it does not say, although it does say I have a SATA controller. Also, i would like to upgrade this hard drive to a 7200rpm 120gb hard drive if possible. Could you recommend a hard drive please.

Thank you

andyl33t said:
Hi, I currently have a wdc wd1200bevs-75lat0 hard drive. I think that it is SATA, is there anyway to find out properly, i have check in device manager but it does not say, although it does say I have a SATA controller. Also, i would like to upgrade this hard drive to a 7200rpm 120gb hard drive if possible. Could you recommend a hard drive please.

Thank you

Yes, that is a 120GB 5400RPM SATA drive w/8MB Cache

I don't think anyone makes a 7200RPM drive larger than 100GB

Here's a 100GB Hitachi 7200RPM SATA drive @ ZipZoomFly for $142 w/free ship

I wouldn't bother with a 7200rpm drive. It will be a little faster, but I doubt the improvement is worth the money.

yeah, that's probably a good point....it may have been a good upgrade when you purchased the laptop, as it may only have been a $40-60 upgrade (or whatever) ...but I think spending $150+ isn't worth the minor improvements in speed...and especially the drop in capacity.

Back