• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help finding Sunon Mag Lev fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Franky Bones

I have a touchsmart iq770. (stay away from touchsmarts!!!) And the cpu cooling fan is no longer working. I called HP and they said I would have to send it in to get it fixed. I got a quote of around $400! It seems as if the fan might be part of a bigger proprietary system.

I checked the Sunon website and can't seem to find it.

It is a Mag Lev -
GC125025vh-a (I believe is part #)
13.b2405.f.gn (small letters below the # above)
K6B08I ( i or 1 for last number)
12v DC

Here are some pics...

fan1.jpg

fan2.jpg

fan3.jpg

thanks in advance...

What conked out on it?

Making noise? Doing nothing? Twitching?

I'd try lubricating it before i did anything else.

Would love to be involved in getting a replacement but I am in the UK.

Have been having the same problem and Sunon told me the fan was discontinued. The suggestion to try lubricating fan seems to have worked as I have drenched it in WD40 and suddenly the PC started!!!!

Fingers crossed but if anyone has a replacement solution I would love to hear

Try to peel out that round sticker and see if there is a hole to the fan's shaft, sometimes it has some cover, open it up, one drop of lubricant oil sometimes will helps.

Do not use WD40 ! If you don't have any lubricant, a drop of your motor oil from your car or motor cycle will do it too.

No you cannot...
"Give your E-mail id, we'll inform you when we receive the stock."

Keep looking. I have been looking for 3 years!
Here is a trick you can use while you are looking.'

1. Get a generic 12V fan for $3-$4, that fits in the space above the fan. You can take out the old one or leave it in, does not matter. Fan will have 2 wires, not 4. Strip the ends and put them in the old fan connector black/red, same place. The other wires are used to report the fan failure.
2. Boot the machine. The new fan will start. When you get the 'fan failure' message, hit F-10. This brings up the BIOS screen.
3. Hit the escape key. Save.
4. Windows starts and the world is again full of beauty! Compute away!
I have been doing this for 3 years with no ill affects. Just remember to hit the F-10 key, FAST, or the machine will shut down. If so, restart and do it again!

Now try to find a 'mini-VGA to VGA adapter for this machine!! Its right up there with this fan, which when available will cost between $40-$300. Good luck! Please post if you find a source for either of these hybrid items!

Last edited:
Back