• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help from you guys about my OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Isolation

Guys,

Im going nuts JESUS CHRIST. I oc my cpu to 4.2ghz (cpu-z shows 4190mhz) with 1.181vcore, ram is set to default (1600mhz 11-11-11-28/xmp-1600mhz 9-9-9-24-disabled) and i set the uncore ratio to x38 with auto voltage. I did stress test with Intel Tuning Utility for a long time and it passes, temps never exceeded 58C and i left Shadow of Mordor for about 30min and everything was perfect.3 days it was perfect, but i was playing some H1Z1 1 hour ago and suddenly blue screen (Whea_Uncorectable Eror) and i restarted my PC.This happen before and right now i really need help from you guys. Please tell me what am i doing wrong? PSU Readings from BIOS (+3v=3.321 +5v=5.123 +12v=11.80)

Thanks in advance guys.

CPU: i5-4670k with Corsair H55 AIO
RAM:Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz 2x4 DDR3
GPU:G1 Gaming gtx 970 (no overclocks running this baby at stock)
PSU: Enermax naxn adv 650w bronze
MOBO: Gigabyte z87m-hd3

The only thing you need to touch is the XMP profile on memory, and the vcore/multiplier for the CPU. Don't touch the cache.

What was the BSOD code? The 'uncorrectable error' message is generic. The code should look something like 0x0000000124. So before we assume its the CPU, let's get that code so we know why it acutally BSOD. ;)

vcore is too low. Your stress testing is not stressful enough. Here is a quick and dirty method for checking stability that works for me: Run the Intelburntest on "very high" settings for 20 times (default is 10). Then run 3DMark11. If you can pass those two you will probably be okay. While you are doing these stress tests, have HWMonitor open in the background to monitor temps. Don't let core temps exceed 90c but you an add vcore up to make it stable up to that temp point. Your water cooler is kind of wimpy.

Hey dudes,

Thank you very much for helping me i really appreciate it. I increased the vcore to 1.19v and i will try now with some stress tests. I can see that you are using Gigabyte mobo. My question is did i do it right with the parameters? btw i set the uncore ratio to 38x with auto voltage,is that ok? And another thing is when i set xmp to profile 1 the dram voltage is going to 1.66 (there is no option for 1.65v as my ram is rated at). btw i know that the corsair h55 is not the best but with this oc i never exceed 59c under stress test.

Thank you for your time guys

As I said already, leave the uncore alone... you should only have to touch vcore and the cpu multiplier.

1.66v is fine on the DRAM voltage.

Hey dudes,

Thank you very much for helping me i really appreciate it. I increased the vcore to 1.19v and i will try now with some stress tests. I can see that you are using Gigabyte mobo. My question is did i do it right with the parameters? Use the bios parameters, not some automatic overclocking genie or some windows utility. btw i set the uncore ratio to 38x with auto voltage,is that ok? As EarthDog said, leave tthe uncore alone for now. Changing it will make a very minor impact on performance anyway. And your overclock level is modest enough that you don't need to be mucking with the uncore. One of the cardinal principles in good overclocking technique is to make one change at a time. If you are jacking around with several parameters you have no way of knowing what is causing the problem if it's not stable. And another thing is when i set xmp to profile 1 the dram voltage is going to 1.66 (there is no option for 1.65v as my ram is rated at). 1.66 DRAM voltage is close enough. These adjustments seldom give precise values. That's normal. btw i know that the corsair h55 is not the best but with this oc i never exceed 59c under stress test. Yes, but your stress test was not very vigorous.

Thank you for your time guys

Intel XTU? It does a pretty good job stressing, actually...

Well, I'll take your word for it since I've never actually used it myself. Off the top of my head it struck me as being kind of an AMD Overdrive kind of thing.

Like any stress test, its not the 'end all' that we would want it to be. But like the other applications, it gives you a quicker idea of stability or not versus just gaming or using the PC.

Give it a try one night for giggles to see what it does. :)

One more question for you dude since you are using Gigabyte mobo :) Can you please explain to me how can set in the bios for adaptive vcore voltage? I want my cpu to downclock and undervolt when my pc is on idle.

Ty

- - - Updated - - -

One more question for you dude since you are using Gigabyte mobo Can you please explain to me how can set in the bios for adaptive vcore voltage? I want my cpu to downclock and undervolt when my pc is on idle.

Ty

Well, ED I think I'll revert back to my original statement about the Intel XTU. I installed it and did a test drive. On the CPU test it reports max core temp of 61c. If I run the Intelburntest even just on the "high" setting it gives me an 80c max. Now I know that stress testing for stability involves more than driving temps up but in my experience the stress tests that don't do that are not good indicators of stability. And I think OP's experience bears that out.

- - - Updated - - -

One more question for you dude since you are using Gigabyte mobo :) Can you please explain to me how can set in the bios for adaptive vcore voltage? I want my cpu to downclock and undervolt when my pc is on idle.

Ty

- - - Updated - - -

One more question for you dude since you are using Gigabyte mobo Can you please explain to me how can set in the bios for adaptive vcore voltage? I want my cpu to downclock and undervolt when my pc is on idle.

Ty

Having the same brand board does not mean the settings will be the same. I don't have the same model gigabyte board as you do. But I will look in the bios to see where those settings are for mine.

Isolation, I do not see a setting in my bios for Adaptive CPU voltage. Since I manually configure my overclock settings in bios itself I'm thinking the Adaptive mode may be associated with Auto mode settings. Either that or they call it something else in my bios. My motherboard has a beta bios installed to enable it to recognize the Haswell refresh CPU series which came out after the development of the Z8x chip set series. One thing I would caution you about is not to use both the Intel ITX tuner and manual bios settings. If you are going to use the ITX tuner then stick with it. If you are going to configure the bios manually then don't use the ITX tuner.

Back