• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help OC'ing my AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE w/ Asus M4A78-EM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BredByAliens

i have an Asus M4A78-EM with newest bios 1006. i have the Processor Frequency multiplier to x 18.0 and my system is running at 3600Hz and stable so far. however i have a few more questions.

North Bridge Chipset Config:
ECC Mode - disabled, basic, good, super, max and user. i have it set at good right now. what does this mean and what setting should i use.

JumberFree Cinfig:
Auto, 8bit, 16 bit. i have it set at Auto now. what does this mean and what setting should i use.

Hyper Transport Speed:
Auto, 200MHz - 2.0 GHz. i have it set at 2.0GHz. what does this mean and what setting should i use.

Hyper Transport Width:
Auto, 8bit, 16bit. i have it set on auto.what does this mean and what setting should i use.

OverClock options:
auto, 2%, 5%, 8%, 10%. i have it set as Auto. what does this mean and what setting should i use.

TY for any help

- Bred By Aliens

overclock options = ACC = does not need to be used for ph2 processors

hyper transport width should be kept on auto or 16bit. 8bit was for some older hardware that was just left in all bios for some reason..

hyper transport speed - should always be at or around 2,000mhz. HTT/FSB overclocking usually raises the HT speed so you will have to lower the speed to 1.6ghz or 1.8ghz in bios. overclocking ht speed usually doesnt affect anything and can have a negative effect on overclocking, stability, and speed

nb chipset config - should be disabled shouldnt it? ecc is meant for stability for server based comps

all this stuff is easily findable by google if u need more info

Back