• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help On OC'ing E2140

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Would be nice to set your ram from bios settings to something lower than 1:1 ratio. Maybe they cant take the 375 bus speed. For start try to go 6-6-6-16 on the timmings and try 1:1 . If that works try to lower the timmings a bit. If that doest work try to underclock your ram speed at 5:4 ratio and keep timings at 5-5-5-15.

Good luck

I have almost the exact same setup as you. I got the P6N cuz it was cheap, and I got the E2180 to hold me over till the E8400. The max I've booted into is 2.85ghz...for some reason when I start up running 2.9ghz or above, it keeps rebooting before loading windows.

Would be nice to set your ram from bios settings to something lower than 1:1 ratio. Maybe they cant take the 375 bus speed. For start try to go 6-6-6-16 on the timmings and try 1:1 . If that works try to lower the timmings a bit. If that doest work try to underclock your ram speed at 5:4 ratio and keep timings at 5-5-5-15.

Good luck

So I now have the the timings at 5-5-5-15. At first I had the clock at 3.0ghz, but around 25 minutes through Orthos, the system crashed and went into a BSOD.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS

STOP: 0X000000D1

and so I reduced the OC to 2.85ghz everything else stayed the same. The system ran stable on Orthos for 4 hours and 30 minutes. However, When I was about to open mozilla firefox the system gave the same BSOD.

I restarted the computer and now the computer will not boot. It finishes POST but no BOOT. I went into BIOS and I noticed that the system is having a hard time detecting my 40GB Maxtor HDD during POST. When I finally got into BIOS i found that my Maxtor HDD was not detected in BIOS. Reseated, the SATA connection and it was detected, but still the system will not boot. So, I figured and removed the HDD, then the system booted.

Now the question is, why would this happen??? At stock speed this does not happen, but when i am over 2.7ghz the issue with the maxtor hdd happens.

Any suggestions guys aside from taking out the HDD???

OC285GhzOrthos4hrs30mins002.jpg

So I now have the the timings at 5-5-5-15. At first I had the clock at 3.0ghz, but around 25 minutes through Orthos, the system crashed and went into a BSOD.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS

STOP: 0X000000D1

and so I reduced the OC to 2.85ghz everything else stayed the same. The system ran stable on Orthos for 4 hours and 30 minutes. However, When I was about to open mozilla firefox the system gave the same BSOD.

This sounds like too high of multi, not enough Vcore or processor overheating.

Well, I found that its my Maxtor HDD that was causing it. Seems that it can't take the stress when running Orthos. So, before I run Orthos I remove my Maxtor HDD. Everything is stable now. I've been running orthos for 4 hours everday with no complications for the past few day. Now, i'm just giving a rest since its stable at 3.0ghz.

However, my inno3d 8500gt brokedown and gave me distorted video beginning at POST. This was after installed a Zalman multi-fan controller and stuck one of the heat sensors between the GPU and its heat sink. Totally unrelated, I know. Anyway, I got it replaced from the store.

Back