• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking computer!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cleanjs

I need to find an overclocking program that works with my stuff, I can't change anything on any of the programs I've tried

Motherboard ID RS780-SB700-8A660M49C-00
Motherboard Name MSI Aspen

AMD Phenom 9750 Quad core

Have you tried overclocking through the BIOS?

If you can't do it through that then your motherboard more than likely won't allow for overclocking.

Is this an off-the-shelf system like Dell or HP? If so, it's unwise to overclock that. Those systems often have very poor PSUs and cooling so even if you can figure a way to overclock them you could easily burn something out. They're just not built for that kind of stress ...

I cannot overclock from bios, i got it off the shelf yes, still is there any program that would be able to overclock it even if its not suggested
I'm actually going to underclock, but when I searched how before this I saw every single forum saying "why would you want to underclock" so I figured it would be easier saying overclock. Any programs come to mind anyone?

Last edited:
If it's not AMD Overdrive compatible then I can't think of anything offhand that would work.

If you're looking to play around with the P-states, which idles your CPU down when not stressed, you might try K10Stat but I don't know if it'll work with your board or not, either.

PS
You wouldn't be the first person who under-volted their computer around here. We get people from all over the world and the price for electricity in Europe in unbelievable ...

Last edited:
Looks like he has the 780/700 chipset so AMDOverdrive ought to recognize it. But it only works with what the bios gives in the way of overclocking (for the most part) so it probably wouldn't help any with one of those box store computer motherboards.

Back