• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help unlocking 4th core!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Comknight

Hey i have a year old laptop with an amd phenom ii x3 n830. I had heard about unlocking the fourth core, and i could use some help doing it. I did some research and im not sure if i have the motherboard to do it(SJV51_DN V2.04). I use the computer for a lot of gaming, and i want to know if unlocking the fourth core would improve my gaming and all around performance.
Please Help!

Hey i have a year old laptop with an amd phenom ii x3 n830. I had heard about unlocking the fourth core, and i could use some help doing it. I did some research and im not sure if i have the motherboard to do it(SJV51_DN V2.04). I use the computer for a lot of gaming, and i want to know if unlocking the fourth core would improve my gaming and all around performance.
Please Help!

That board is OEM, so there's no way your unlocking the fourth core on that thing.

Thanks, i'm glad i got help on this before i tried unlocking and completely screwed myself

Thanks, i'm glad i got help on this before i tried unlocking and completely screwed myself

You wouldn't have hurt anything trying. There are just no tools in that bios to be able to try it with. Besides, the limited lap top cooling system would not stand the additional heat another core would have created.

Back