• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help win 7 black screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

this is driving me insane now been at it for hours.

i had do do a fresh install of windows 7 which all seemed to work fine all updates are installed and all mobo drivers ect are installed.

problem is i install gfx card drivers when i reboot i get the starting windows screen and then it just goes black. pc sounds normal and keyboard and mouse light up. weird thing is if i enter the bios first then discard changes and exit it starts up fine??

im trying to install amd 13.11 drivers. i had these installed before i had to re-install windows and they worked fine.

could this be a bios setting? when im in windows everything is running perfect but can only get into windows if i enter bios setting first.

Last edited:
Do you have old drivers still installed? When you did a fresh Win7 install, did you format the drive first, erasing everything on it? Or do you have a WinOld folder?

It sounds like you may need to tickle around in your BIOS and get familiar with it's functions too. Check to see that your graphics card is being selected as you primary video device.

did fresh install from disk think it formats itself. just had to do it again kept getting blue screen

Back