• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with AM3 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure why you would have to get a NB water block (if that's what you're saying). Do you have poor case airflow or something that can't be corrected? Many people have taken the stock heatsinks off and replaced the TIM with something a little better but, overall, if you have good case airflow you don't need to do anything with the chipset heatsinks - the stock ones are fine.

I'm not much of a fan of MSI but almost any 890FX chipset board from ASUS, Gigabyte, or Biostar should be good. ASUS makes another board, the M4A89TD PRO (also comes in a USB3 version), that is a very good 890FX board. Gigabyte's 890FX UD5 is a good board as well but, of course, doesn't match your color scheme. Biostar has a good 890FX board on the market that has been performing pretty good, too ...

I'm not sure why you would have to get a NB water block (if that's what you're saying). Do you have poor case airflow or something that can't be corrected? Many people have taken the stock heatsinks off and replaced the TIM with something a little better but, overall, if you have good case airflow you don't need to do anything with the chipset heatsinks - the stock ones are fine.

I'm not much of a fan of MSI but almost any 890FX chipset board from ASUS, Gigabyte, or Biostar should be good. ASUS makes another board, the M4A89TD PRO (also comes in a USB3 version), that is a very good 890FX board. Gigabyte's 890FX UD5 is a good board as well but, of course, doesn't match your color scheme. Biostar has a good 890FX board on the market that has been performing pretty good, too ...
the heatsinks on my board arent very good but ill try new thermal

the heatsinks on my board arent very good but ill try new thermal

If you are looking at the Crosshair, You really wouldn't need a block for replacing the heatsinks, It's a pretty solid board. Most of the higher end boards have pretty solid cooling for the Chipsets, So I wouldn't make getting a block for them much of a priority.

Back