• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with case fan setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oh_noes

Registered
hello,i recently bought a new case with 6 fan slots ,6 pwm fans and a 6 channel pwm fan controller

the psu sucks air from the bottom and all slots are 120mm

1 @side above cpu
1 @side above pcie slots
1 @bottom of front,removed the hdd cage behind it
1 @top of back next to i/o shield
2 @near the back of top

so how do you think i should setup those for good airflow

edit-the cpu cooler is like the stock one with a better and quieter fan it sucks air from side,its not a heatpipe tower one

thanks in advance

Bottom of case should be intake and top should be exhaust

Picture of the bare case would be nice would give us a better idea of where the holes are. How you described was kinda confusing (to me at least) :D

sorry,english is not my native language,its a local brand that rips designs of popular cases

and since steel is cheap here and there is no importing cost,we get good cases for good prices

i wanted to post a photo but their site is down atm so =)

it is like cooler master rc 692 without bottom slots for fan slot locations

Last edited:
found photos from an online store,sorry for paint skillz :d

case.jpg

in the photo only 1 cage is removed,i removed both (im using a 5.25 to 3.5 bracket for hdd so i removed those for more space)

Last edited:
I would do this:

1 @side above cpu - IN
1 @side above pcie slots - IN
1 @bottom of front,removed the hdd cage behind it - IN
1 @top of back next to i/o shield - OUT
2 @near the back of top - OUT

That will bring cool air in from the front over the hard drives and other components and exhaust hot air out the back and top of the case. That's the usual recommendation.

You can always experiment with different ways to see if your temperatures are better, but the 'normal' configuration is probably best.

yes thats what i thought

needed confirm from knowladgable people

thank you

Back