• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with cooling/airflow (pics inside)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asmd2020

Hello I am have a problem with getting my system cooled down right. I'm not sure if its the fan intake and exhausts fans are not strong enough or just a problem with my airflow. here are pictures of my pc/setup (some pictures have a side by side where I wrote problem I see.http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/asmd2020/

first off here are my specs:
Cpu:AMD965, Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz(stock) / 3.8Ghz(OC'd)
idle 38c load 58c / Idle 43c load 63c
Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3
Gpu:Gigabyte GTX560 Ti OC Idle 50c load 90c
Ram: 8Gigs Kingston HyperX 1600
1Tb Samsung HDD (7200Rpm)
1Tb Western Digital green HDD (for storage)
Case: Sharkoon T9 Red (value)

I have 2 120mm intake fans in front and 1 in back for exhaults, they are all the stock sharkoon fans that came with the case (weak IMO).

On my CPU cooler I have 2 120mm fans (both scythe) in push/pull both running at full speed.

My graphics card has the gigabyte turbine cooler (2 fans to suck air in from bottom and side, blowing out back of case)

and I also have a PCI slot fan to suck air off the back of the GPU. I had it flipped around to suck air off the chipset and ram but my graphics was getting to hot then.

So My plan is to by 3 stronger fans (front and back) and add a fan on top, then run my push/pull down to up so its not covering my ram....but before I cut holes into my new case I just wanted suggestions from people that know more about this than me. I have included pictures of my pc please have a look. and thanks for your help.http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/asmd2020/

Last edited:
Take the side panel off the case. If you have a box fan, put that up to the side of the case. If the temperatures drop substantially, then your case airflow is poor. If it stays the same, the mount on your processor is bad.

Not really related to your problem, but those PCI fans are pretty useless, expensive for the job they do (nearly nothing) and die pretty quickly. I would suggest removing it and just leaving the PCI covers off.

Back