• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with ecs ic780m-a2 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulcaller

Hello everyone , I just bought a ic780m-a2 on newegg http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135250

It's running great and I updated to the latest bios but I cannot find any overclocking option in the bios, I've looked on the ecs website , I've been searching for days , I tried software overclock and it doesn't work , I've found how to change voltage but there is no sign of changing the multiplier or increasing the fsb , and everyone on newegg says that this mobo can overclock.. I'm really confused and I'm not new in overclocking , if anyone could help me I would really appreciate*.

My cpu is a phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.20 ghz stock speed

Oh I'm sorry , I was looking the cyber deals and I accidently created my question is this topic , I'm sorry and if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it! thanks

Did you ever take a look in your manual?

Page #39 in the PAPER manual and page #43 in the IC780M-A2%20V1.0_manual.pdf manual downloaded from ECS site.

M.I.B. II (MB Intelligent Bios)
This page enables you to set the clock speed and system bus for your system. The
clock speed and system bus are determined by the kind of processor you have installed
in your system.

I did looked , but the bios showed is not the same, I do have the mib , but it only allow me to change ram speed and a few other things , I do not see any fsb ajustement or anything..It's like i had another random board with no overclocking option.. thanks

There might be a main overclocking mode option that must be taken off of Auto and put on Manual to see all the choices.

Humh...

It's running great and I updated to the latest bios but I cannot find any overclocking option in the bios, I've looked on the ecs website , I've been searching for days = Then you better be contacting ECS Tech Support to find out where is M I B portion of bios for 'your' board.

I tried software overclock and it doesn't work = That is not too surprising. I assume you used AMD's own AOD application.

I've found how to change voltage but there is no sign of changing the multiplier or increasing the fsb = According to the manual that ECS furnishes for download NOW, if you found the area to change the VCore, then you should be in the MIB bios portion and where they claim you can adjust FSB, memory and all that sort of adjusting.

and everyone on newegg says that this mobo can overclock. = Not sure that is accurate. I just left reading the NewEgg review section for whichever board it is they really are shipping to customers. In the reviews that are in July of 2012 which are only a few days old, there is little mention of any overclocking. A lot of mention of boards coming DOA. Bad Gigabit Lan. Bad x16 PCIe video slot etc. The board seems to have a poor rating overall at NewEgg.

I'm really confused and I'm not new in overclocking , if anyone could help me I would really appreciate*. = I don't think you can be anymore confused than those of us who have tried to help you.

1. Apparently from what is said at NewEgg review section, the board can come in a multi-colored arrangement as seen on the ECS site. The same board can come from NewEgg in a gray/black with black/white sockets.

2. Some reviewers in July 2012 say the board is awesome since they can use their left over DDR2 ram. The board is sold currently on NewEgg as a DDR3 motherboard.

3. One NewEgg reviewer says it has ACC for unlock Cpu and another says it does not have ACC but that was expected for the cheap price.

So I searched for a "real review" of that motherboard from a known review site and found ZERO. Only reviews were from slickdeals and the like. NewEgg customer reviews, but in the first 3 pages of hits at g00gle there was not a "real review" anywhere. Just user reviews.

Some of those user reviews in forums were not very complimentary at all. Actual user reviews in forums where a 'buyer/user' went for help the majority said, the board was junk or garbage and would not use at all. Now that is not NewEgg reviews but helpers where a buyer had gone to try and get help. That is probably why the NewEgg user reviews shows 41% give 5 eggs.

So the Egg seems shipping a DDR2 or DDR3. They maybe shipping a 4 colored motherboard of green/reddish/orange/blue or they maybe shipping a grayish to black and white motherboard.

I expect that you need to be contacting ECS support and finding out from them what is up with whatever board you really have. We can do little for you since the manual does not seem to match the board/bios you have in your possession.

I will say this, in general when describing a bios menu, there is almost always a picture first that shows ALL the bios menus in a mobo manual. ECS did n0t have such picture in their manual. The manual just starts off talking about the various menus. That is not a good sign, since there is not a MIB (motherboard intelligent bios) section shown anywhere nor any words saying you have to use some keystrokes to enter or reveal the MIB section.

Without a picture of "your" bios showing every menu choice, your best bet is ECS customer tech support. Good luck to you. I think you will need it.

Thank you very much for this long explanation , I aldready emailed ecs and I'm waiting for a reply , I suppose I got another version of the board , and this one is not overclockable. I will hope for the best.. at least the board runs fine on stock setting but I needed to put my cpu around 4.0 ghz to get some extra perfomance in cpu demanding games , thank you all and beware of ecs and newegg. It's always good to read the reviews PLUS look at the date and see if there's nothing suspicious.

Good luck to you with ECS Support. If I thought I needed to overclock cpu to get performance, it might be a good idea to RMA that motherboard and get a reputable overclocker. Hopefully you have not gone beyond the RMA time frame.

soulcaller, your main mistake was buying an ECS board. ECS is the bottom feeder of enthusiast class motherboard mfg'rs.

If you don't have the CPU/HT Reference Clock (MHz) option, post a pic. of the M.I.B. II (MB Intelligent Bios) screen in this thread, so we can see what options you do have.

If you don't have the CPU/HT Reference Clock (MHz) option, post a pic. of the M.I.B. II (MB Intelligent Bios) screen in this thread, so we can see what options you do have.

do what he said or return that mobo before ur stuck with it

Back