• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Intel power management thing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GMOOT

Registered
Hi

I have this new ASUS Motherboard and setting it up

But my NIC Keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 4 minutes or so ( the disconnection is for 10th of a second )

I did some reserch on google All i get is this Intel power management BUT i dont even have this Intel power management thing

any help guys ?

ASUS Z97 C

i7 4770k @ 4.5 windows 10 home 64x

Thank you

Look in windows power managment. Make sure the NIC isn't set to time out. Do you have the drivers installed for the NIC from the Asus website for your board?

This could also be a problem with the modem/router. Are there other computers running on the same network? If so, are they also disconnecting? Watch the LED lights on the gateway device to see if something is going on there.

Ok Thank you

I dont have any ASUS drivers or software installed I uninstalled everything from asus

yes there is 3 more computers on the network BUT only mine is disconnecting / when i shutdown all the others mine stopped disconnecting every 5 minutes not it does it maybe every hour or so what does that mean please ?

NIC is not set to time out

Thank you

NON of it was useful the turbo lan I dont want that and the asus suit 3 for tweaking I can tweak it from the motherboard

I did not anymore the Intel Management Engine Interface is the one who gave me so many problems

I did a 3 or 4 times reinstall Because of the asus drivers / so last time I did not use the driver DVD I just installed windows and then my Driver install software
thats how i updated my drivers

ME shouldnt be giving you any issues.

What do you mean 'last time i did not use the driver DVD I just installed windows and then my driver install software' .

When you install windows, the first things you should install are the chipset, then the ME drivers. You should get the latest version at your motherboard's webpage.

Also from earlier:
Look in windows power managment. Make sure the NIC isn't set to time out.

I always for years just install chipset driver, video card driver and that is it. Never had a problem.

Does your LAN connection have a yellow mark on it when it disconnects?

Last edited:
I always for years just install chipset driver, video card driver and that is it. Never had a problem.

Does your LAN connection have a yellow mark on it when it disconnects?

Yes It has that yellow mark every time it disconnects and connects

It sounds to me like the LAN hardware on the motherboard itself is defective. I would consider doing an RMA on the motherboard or adding in a PCI-e LAN card.

+1 I was thinking the same thing, motherboard Ethernet hardware problem. Since the other PC's don't disconnect on the network also windows is showing disconnection and you tried a clean install of windows.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys

I will go this weekend and get me a PCI-e LAN card trents recomandation that will be the EZ way

thanks

The onboard LAN on my wife's computer failed a couple of years ago and I just added a card. Been happy ever since.

SOLVED

I had some time to search though some of my old but new pc stuff that i have bought But never used

and Found a usb 3 ethernet cable http://www.ebay.de/itm/like/161919739633?lpid=106&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

and it is working just fine ( thanks to all ) I also Disabled the intel LAN controller on the motherboard I did this first hoping it will fix the problem but no it did not

any way I left it disabled

cheers :)

Wait. You "disabled" the Intel LAN controller on the board hoping this would fix the problem? Did you re-enable it after disabling it. Certainly, it would not work if you just disabled it.

Wait. You "disabled" the Intel LAN controller on the board hoping this would fix the problem? Did you re-enable it after disabling it. Certainly, it would not work if you just disabled it.
oh dear... I sure hope he turned it back on to test...:p

Back