• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help WIth Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orkslayer

Registered
kk guys basically i have slowly upgraded my pc bit by bit and yesterday bought the remainder parts. i have a corsair tx 650 v2 psu His 6850 Gpu ripjaw 1600 4gb kit and a ga-ma790xt-ud4p cpu with a amd phenom II x6 1090t cpu i tried to use that setup but the cpu would not boot just the psu and i realised that the mobo did not support x6 chips unless updated bios but only too 95 watt cpus? i think thats correct anyhow so i need help find a good Motherboard to buy. roughly spending 100$ australian from msy, probs prefer amd considering i havnt touched intel. use this link please. http://www.msy.com.au/default.jsp?category=154

A hard lesson learned. Research first.

yea true however we went there hoping for a x4 970 however they were completly out of the x4 range because they are dicontinued so it was either just pay 20 bucks more for a x6 1090t or go home 1hr drive. research and return

Back