• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my AIO Kraken X61 cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AppkeJune

Registered
Hello, I'm new member of Overclocking using AIO cooling
I just want to ask some information about the liquid temp of Kraken X61, For some reason my liquid temp in my loop never goes higher than 40oC even when i stress test my CPU, the temperature of the core is around 85 to 90oC but the liquid temp in the loop is just around 30 to 33oC , it's really different than my friend's, his system liquid temp can go up to 44oC while his core temp is 91oC but mine can't, I also check all of my mount and the thermal paste that i put, they are completely fine so i'm just wondering if it has any problem in my cooling system. because the liquid temp is so low so i think it's not working at 100% efficiency

My system is i7 4790K OC to 4.6GHz 1.255 vcore ( stress test CPU temp core go up to 88oC)

Does anyone using Kraken X61 and having same liquid temp as mine system, Thanks

Using Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra
x2FcB7.png

Can't pass stress test at High
Using Noctua NT-H1 and replacing Fans Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM
1VX131.png

7ICZ27.png

Ef7Cln.png

Pass all stress test and also running AIDA64 10 hours

You don't need more than a small drop in the middle of the chip.

Reseat the cooler using a lot less, it'll help you out.

Everywhere I have seen just says small dot in the middle the size of a grain of rice. Like ATM said clean it off try that method and see how your temps are after that.

I have the same problem. It seems that the Kraken is measuring cooling liquid temp and does not react fast enough on CPU temp changes. CPU then goes up enormous before the liquid cooling temp start to go up.

Everywhere I have seen just says small dot in the middle the size of a grain of rice. Like ATM said clean it off try that method and see how your temps are after that.

Thank you guy, I will replace the thermal paste again, than will tell u guys the result later, just go back from work
I have the same problem. It seems that the Kraken is measuring cooling liquid temp and does not react fast enough on CPU temp changes. CPU then goes up enormous before the liquid cooling temp start to go up.

Are you sure about that, i hope it so but person that i know his liquid in loop can go up to 44oC while my one never archive to 38oC
b8rsHs.jpg

Thank you guy, I will replace the thermal paste again, than will tell u guys the result later, just go back from work

Are you sure about that, i hope it so but person that i know his liquid in loop can go up to 44oC while my one never archive to 38oC
b8rsHs.jpg

I Uninstalled CAM and installed the X60 drivers and software. Did an OC up to 4,5 MHz (36%) and temps were max 61C on the CPU and Kraken around 45C.

I have replace the thermal paste again but the temperature still over 80oC and the liquid still around 30, but I have notice something that i think it is little bit weird my thermal paste just seem like it spear all to the corner and in the middle it's just remain a very thin layer

Here the amount that I apply
x6O9ct.jpg

after checking the temperature i remove it again (before it also look the same, thin layer in the middle and all the other paste go to the corner
kYTAy0.jpg

0oncPK.jpg

I also tighten the screw really tight until it can't tight anymore
I Uninstalled CAM and installed the X60 drivers and software. Did an OC up to 4,5 MHz (36%) and temps were max 61C on the CPU and Kraken around 45C.

I also install the X60 version and the temperature still the same :mad:

It seems to me that your pump isn't working or something. That aio is plenty for that cpu. Only other thing I could think of would be Intel's internal thermal paste that they use may be the problem? Have you had any issues with other coolers on this cpu

It seems to me that your pump isn't working or something. That aio is plenty for that cpu. Only other thing I could think of would be Intel's internal thermal paste that they use may be the problem? Have you had any issues with other coolers on this cpu

I just have the stock one, but if i use this maybe the cpu can't run at 4.6 Ghz because it's overheat

Unplug from the motherboard and run only on the SATA connector, see if the water temp is higher.

Correction there Rayray, I had the X60. Very similar though.

Unplug from the motherboard and run only on the SATA connector, see if the water temp is higher.

Correction there Rayray, I had the X60. Very similar though.

the pump will not pump if i unplug and the temp will go to 50 60oC (from normally 20 30oC) without IBT
The temp liquid will go to 55oC
The CPU temp that's time is 99 100oC

Last edited:
When I had my X60, I ran it without using the USB connector. Have you tried unplugging the USB cable?

Back