• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with new smartphones for company

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoBioN

Hello all! :)

At the Company in which i Work, we are currently switching our phone system to a new, more modern one.

The system we have now is based on intern-only phones. With the new system we have ordered, we will be able to take our "workphone" with us outside the Company and home.

The main Task's the phone will have to do is.

- Browse internet
- Good for browsering emails and typing emails on.
- Good microphone and speaker, it will be used in noisy envoirements
- Easy to use
- Be fairly fast and responsive
- Be based on android
- Have good battery life

A important factor is Price... We want the most value for money that is archievable.

The maximum Price of a phone have to be 300$ or below.

Take into consideration that we are placed in Denmark in Europa and that we have higher prices on phones than the U.S.

Phones in the ballpark of Iphone 5 / 5S have a too high Price tag, and the phones you can get in the ballpark of what is equal to 300$ in denmark from Apple, is simply not up for the task or will be old hardware too fast.

I have been looking at Samsung Galaxy S3 because it tends to be on sale now that 5S have arrived. Other suggestions in the Company have been Huawei phones, but im not sure they are of a good enough quality for Company everyday phones.

Battery life? Motorola MAXX.

I'm assuming the price is for a contract price, and not a manufacturer price.

We will purchase the phones from a normal shop :).

The Motorola razr maxx of what I could only find for sale one place was priced equal to 700$ which is too much. Might be an old none updated price since it seems like it's going out market?

We will purchase the phones from a normal shop :).

The Motorola razr maxx of what I could only find for sale one place was priced equal to 700$ which is too much. Might be an old none updated price since it seems like it's going out market?

Okay, so you're looking at $300 retail price...

I'm not sure if there's much (if anything) that will be worth having as a business phone at that level.

Edit: This is what I was speaking of. http://www.motorola.com/us/shop-all-mobile-phones-1/Droid-Maxx/m-droid-maxx.html

What about the samsung galaxy s3 I mentioned?

150$ is good for that maxx. But nowhere to be found at that price at all if I search in Danish webshops etc.

What about the samsung galaxy s3 I mentioned?

150$ is good for that maxx. But nowhere to be found at that price at all if I search in Danish webshops etc.

The S3 is getting long in the tooth.

$150 is the price with contract.

Ahh ok.

Yea.

Basically what I told my superior so far is, that galaxy S3 is a definitely the almost lowest to go for, if to do all tasks to satisfaction.

Moto G hands down is the best budget phone I've used in ages... it absolutely beats the living crap out of an S3... it is essentially very very close to a nexus 4 in real world application and is dirt dirt cheap. Also it is pretty much stock android and is blazingly fast

Back