• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Overclocking a Phenom ii x4 925 with a GA-M68MT-S2P Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AHOverclock

Hi i've been trying to overclock the phenom ii x4 925 with the GA-M68MT-S2P motherboard, but I don't know if the mobo is having issues handling an overclock or what the problem is. Also I'm putting in a gtx 560 ti tomorrow and I want to know if I will need to overclock the 925 (2.8 ghz quad core) to avoid a bottleneck. Thanks!

If you do not have Rev 2.3 of that board then you do not likely have this in bios.

2j3smrs.jpg

AND even after getting that version of the motherboard, most users are still having difficulty getting what "they" consider a decent overclock. But certainly without Vcore adjustment menu...you will have difficulty to overclock.

If you do not have Rev 2.3 of that board then you do not likely have this in bios.

2j3smrs.jpg

AND even after getting that version of the motherboard, most users are still having difficulty getting what "they" consider a decent overclock. But certainly without Vcore adjustment menu...you will have difficulty to overclock.

I do have that version of bios but your right I was reading reviews of the board and some other people were having the same issues, guess I'll need a new mobo if I want to overclock, thanks!

Back