• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with overclocking X6 960T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daolpu

So first of all my rig:

Phenom II X4 960T, Scythe Mugen 3 rev. B, Asus M5A88-V EVO, 2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu 1600Mhz, Asus HD7850 DCII @1100/1310, XFX 550w

So I have already got my processor core unlocked to X6 @3,885Ghz 1,45V, multiplier x18,5, Bus Speed 210Mhz, HT Link 2100Mhz. Idle temperatures are 37C and in stress ~51C.

If I try to increase multiplier, result is crash in stress. Thats way I started to increase the bus speed. last time I increased bus speed to 215 and tried to run prime95, it crashed. Also when processor is in stress VCORE drops somewhere +-1,4V.

So what I must have to do? My goal will be somewhere stable 4Ghz and also get memorys to 1600Mhz, they are now 1400Mhz dual channel.

Unlocked to 6x 960Ts that will do 4.0 ghz on reasonable voltage are not common. I could get mine to 3.9 on max load vcore (with LLC) of 1.55. You might try working with the CPUNB frequency and voltage. You don't mention that. Try 1.225-1.25 CPUNB voltage and a frequency of 2400-2600 mhz.

Unlocked to 6x 960Ts that will do 4.0 ghz on reasonable voltage are not common. = I think you said that pretty well. The later batches of Zosma 960Ts we have seen coming thru here don't seem as good as months ago when all first jumped on the Zosma bandwagon.

Unlocked to 6x 960Ts that will do 4.0 ghz on reasonable voltage are not common. I could get mine to 3.9 on max load vcore (with LLC) of 1.55. You might try working with the CPUNB frequency and voltage. You don't mention that. Try 1.225-1.25 CPUNB voltage and a frequency of 2400-2600 mhz.

Listen to this man.

Mine is at 3.9 unlocked at 1.4, but that is it's absolute limit without going crazy on voltage.

You could do what Trents did and lock a core and see if you can achieve a higher clock speed if you need it.

I just order my Phenom II X4 960T will be here on Friday to replace my X4 955 and see if i can unlock the two core and how high I can OC it. I have read that some are able to OC much higher without needing to unlock the two core over unlocking the two cores. I will have to see what will be best and were is the sweetspot for this chip.

I just order my Phenom II X4 960T will be here on Friday to replace my X4 955 and see if i can unlock the two core and how high I can OC it. I have read that some are able to OC much higher without needing to unlock the two core over unlocking the two cores. I will have to see what will be best and were is the sweetspot for this chip.

Yes, when I tried OC at quad core, I got it easily over 4 Ghz. But I need more hexa core so I keep my clocks 3,9 Ghz and 6-core.

So first of all my rig:

Phenom II X4 960T, Scythe Mugen 3 rev. B, Asus M5A88-V EVO, 2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu 1600Mhz, Asus HD7850 DCII @1100/1310, XFX 550w

So I have already got my processor core unlocked to X6 @3,885Ghz 1,45V, multiplier x18,5, Bus Speed 210Mhz, HT Link 2100Mhz. Idle temperatures are 37C and in stress ~51C.

If I try to increase multiplier, result is crash in stress. Thats way I started to increase the bus speed. last time I increased bus speed to 215 and tried to run prime95, it crashed. Also when processor is in stress VCORE drops somewhere +-1,4V.

So what I must have to do? My goal will be somewhere stable 4Ghz and also get memorys to 1600Mhz, they are now 1400Mhz dual channel.

I believe the M588-V EVO has Load-Line Calibration so you can calibrate the vcore under load...
I would turn that on, to give you ~1.45v on load too and you should be able to do close to 4 GHz. Maybe even more if you push vcore up to 1.475v

Where did you find a 960T?

You can really choose higher OC, or unlocking the cores. My 2.7 GHz x3 can hit 3.5-ish with 3 cores, but only 3.1 when I unlock the 4th.

I would look into setting up multiple OC profiles, if your motherboard supports it. That way you can have a slower 6-core for certain situations (multi-threaded games, media encoding, etc) and then a faster quad for others (single-threaded games mainly).

Just my $0.02

Mine come in today I am so excited, is a matter of hours now can be in one or two hours who knows. Liket he count on Sesame Street saids. "The Suspense Is Killing Me!" :bump:

ITAngel, where did you pick up your 960T? Those are getting scarce.

Looks to be OEM send to Newegg for sell. Not sure yet just got the box home but haven't had a chance to open it since I am working on an networking issue at work. By the way was only one and I purchase that one then it went out of stock again.

Back