• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with tube routes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

draza47

Registered
So, here soon in a month or so i'm going to upgrade my systems case, cooling solution and etc.
I have chosen to go with a Corsair 900D and I plan to do 2 seperate loops for my 7600k and my two 1070's.
If anyone can help with the tube order/layout it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Also, i'm aware the route doesn't matter in terms of temps. I just want the best looking routes.

Are the rads you are using cross flow or are the barbs on the same side of the rad ?
hard tube or soft ?
all strait fittings ? or some 90 degs ?

Barbs are on the same side, Soft tubing and all straight fittings

how are you putting the rez/pimp 2 in the back there ? won't that be in the way of the gfx cards ?
Or is it on the side pnl some how ? 900.jpg

Oh ****, you're right. uhh
The reason I thought it would fit there is because of LTT video on the "ULTIMATE "Overkill" Water Cooled Build a Gaming PC Computer "How To" Guide"
In the video he placed his res there but now that I think about it, his is very likely smaller than mine. I'm going to use Thermaltakes Pacific DIY LCS PR22-D5 w/e pump res combo
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106371&ignorebbr=1

I'm kinda lost now, I don't know where else to stick the 2nd res

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, can't. Literally can't without modding...
Okay, I guess I can ask. What's a good case for dual res. setup?

Any reason you must go with 2 loops ? ( I know its kicks *** ) One pump will run that loop fine .

Or If you don't need those drive cages in the front .
Ds7mbWE.jpg

Def. doing it for aesthetics. I thought about "option 2" spot you marked but am not sure about it. I really wanna be sure I can mount it there.

Ds7mbWE.jpg

you might have room as I think the second rubber gromets are more foe eatx mbs so you will not need them they might fit there ( might need to drill some holes for mounts )

Actually! There HAS to be a way I can mount one to the rad on top. The only issue is I'm not sure if running this specific pump/res combo sideways will be an issue.
If not, I can always buy that dual res mount from the link I posted earlier..

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the dvd drive cages would need to come out.. hmmm

Looks like dual res is possible in the TT W100.
It may be a Caselabs copy but I don't care.

You could easily do this in the 900D. Put another drive cage to the side, get rid of the ones in the bottom for rads and install the dual res/pump combos in a SINGLE loop against the cages since the cages have 120mm fan holes in case you ever wanted to stick a fan there to cool the drives. I believe I've seen this setup before and plan on doing this once if financially able to down the road. I also own a fancy loop in a 900D.

Back