• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanishFK

Registered
I just got the following stuff delivered at my place :

* Keep in mind i am planning to Overclock. Planning to hit atleast 1000FSB with a 1:1 ratio and hit around 3.5Ghz *

SLK-947-U
Vantec "IceBerq 4"Copper All-In-One VGA Cooling Kit
Thermaltake Smart Case fan II With "CoolMod",Variable Fan Speed Controlled by Temperature Sensor.
OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Dual Channel Gold 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-4000
SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800PRO

I already have the Artic Silver III

Im getting the following stuff from the local stores :

Asus P4C800 Deluxe ( No The "E" is not availible here :( )
Seagate 120GB Baracuda 7200RPM ( Only Seagate HDs are availible where I Live )

- Im going for a 2.6C, I wanted to ask how many 2.6Cs are there, I mean i have seen on web sites tht chips manufactured in different countries give different overclocking results. Which should i go for ?? Like any specific model number ?? Does it has anything to do with the M0 Stepping.

- I have a cooling solution for my Graphic Card, CPU. But i forgot to order anything for the NorthBridge and the South Bridge. I've heard tht the south bridge does not heat up alot as compared to a northbridge and the north one needs a fan too if we are deciding to overclock, is this true ??. And one more thing it is NOT possible for me to order anything else from the net.

So I am looking for a DIY Guide on these cooling. Ofcoarse i can manage to get heatsinks and fans from the local store.
The question comes, Can i use Saphire's own stock heatsink/Fan for the Northbridge cooling as i will replace it with the Vantec Iceberq 4 ??? I will also have the Intel Stock Cooling lieing around.

- As far as the Case cooling is concerned. I have the following plans :

1 Fan at the Top for Exhaust
2 Fans at the Rear for Exhaust
1 PCI exhaust under the Graphic card
1 Fan at the Side with a duct directly over the Heatsink for Intake
2 Fan at the front for Intake
1 Fan at the Side over the Ram and MOBO for Intake

All these fans are 80MM Fans.

A small guide for the Case Mod for the TOP Fan could help.

Please excuse my english here, English is not my native Language.

Thank You.

Welcome to the forums.

Here's a guide to cutting a top blowhole;
http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/blowhole.php .

I'd recommend going with single 120mm or 92mm fans instead of all those 80mm. The larger fans move much more air with a lot less noise. You might want to consider a fanbus to control your fans.

As to specific CPU steppings, take a look at the CPU database here , and you should get some idea of something good to look for.

The northbridge on the motherboard may already be actively cooled, but unless there is something physical preventing it, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to use the Saphire's.

Back