• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need input, soon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuantumPC

Disabled
I want a 3.2 MP cam. I thinks perferct for me. I'm going to wal-mart tomorrow.

First of all, my friend has about the same camera as this sony, but the 5 MP version, and I f'in love it!! Only complaint would be battery life, but w/e.

Anyways, I know the sony is good, but I haveheard a lot of ppl say that pentax is really nice 2.

basically the only reason I am consideirng pentax is the better zoom.

Any input on which cam to get?

Also, which would be better for taking some short vids?

thanks guys

Pentax 3.2

Sony 3.2

Both seem to be fairly good cameras. The biggest difference I see between the two right off the bat is that the Sony can't do macro worth a darn. Closest focusing distance is 3.9 inches, while the Pentax will get up close and personal at 0.79". Though if you're not the kinda guy to take macro shots, that shouldn't matter much.

Here's two reviews on the cameras if you want to find out more. One on the Optio 30, and one on the DSC-P72 (the big brother of the Sony you're looking at. basically just higher zoom).

JigPu

Personally I'm a Sony ***** when it comes to digital imaging electronics. Every Sony I've used has been an excellent product. I've never heard of anyone owning a Pentax other than an SLR camera and those weren't that great.

I believe that Sony is the one my parent's had a year ago (it got lost and they replaced it with a new 5mp cam) and it was a very nice piece of equipment.

Back