• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need more juice for BF3 Max 60fps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
+1 I have never managed to kill a card/ cpu through overclocking it. It might degrade the cpu/ gpu ( there are load of technical things that i dont fully understand) But then again in terms of decreasing the life of a CPU / GPU it will never usually be enough for you to see it die before it becomes totally obsolete as a piece of technology . For example i ran my 920 @ 4ghz for about 3 yearss with no adverse affects ( i sold it to a mate and i doubt it will die before he upgrades). And ive always have heavily OC'd graphics cars. Never any issues there. As long as you cooling adequate the damage will be minimal

Yeah, i ran a 5770 near its maximum Overclock for 3 years solid, it has never run at stock in all that time, i have also played BF3 on it at those clocks for the past 7 months with Afterburner reading the GPU usage at a constant 99% and over 70c.

Its never hurt it and its still going as well as it did today as it did when it was new, its sitting on a shelve next to me, i don't know what to do with it, it works perfectly and seems a shame to throw out, it will probably end up on Ebay or something.

Anyway, my new GPU is but a day old and already the clocks are maxed, that's how it will stay for the rest of its life which will be many years to come.

Back