• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Opinions, Single Slot GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

OK so I need opinions on weather or not I should stick with the GPU I have in my little computer.

Its more or less incomplete right now, its still rockin DDR2 and a 4200+ but I have a new(ish) motherboard on the way and it'll soon have a i7-4970 and 16 gigs DDR3
I currently have been grabbing cheapy OEM cards that people are tossing out. It started with a 210, then to a 240 with better than standard 240 ram, to finally a GTX 745

Its mostly to do emulators, mainly wii since a lot of the games I like on the wii take FOR EVER and have no save points (like fortune street) so I have been trying to do it on there and its works ok but its lacking in horse power. There may be some regular gaming on it in the future too but I am not expecting 60 fps on ultra settings.

I am wondering if I should stick with a GTX 745 or if there was a better single slot cooler card that's relatively cheap on ebay or something, used or not, that would be better than it.

Back