• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need PWM help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
in short- move diode/pot connections to new rows. remove jumper that is across the first capacitor in c2. wire the 5v source to pin 8. put c2 caps back in series if you are in fact using microfarad capacitors. to get pfarads. let me know how that works for you ;). there may be more issues but those are the big ones

ok, one last problem i see
pin 2/pin 7/the center pin of the pot are all at one node. this node must all be on the same side of c2
you have pin2/pin7 wired in between some of the caps, so its not seeing the same capacitance as the center pin of the pot is

while you're rearranging c2 you should rewire the pin 7 connection (bc you have 2 connected to 7 to the same row as the center pin of the pot, on that side of the board

ooooh and one last big thing
that first capacitor of c2 MUST go the center pin, and the center pin only.
you have it on one of the side pins. the side pins MUST go only to the diodes

OK, I wanna say your help has proved invaluable!

I totally have it working now and I am super pleased.

Essentially I was trying to get too crowded and ended up shorting some things on the breadboard rows. Once you revealed that to me, it works like a charm!!

Thanks a TON!, now, to begin the fun job of soldering it all together.

Voila!!

After a little debugging and cleaning up some n00b solder joints that were shorting pos and neg (lol), it works just like it did on the breadboard. Took a lot of patience and your assistance, Z, was invaluable. I would have thrown the whole thing away without your help.

Now, to just integrate it into my build without it looking completely lame, lol!

Thanks again!

pwm.png

Back